:10

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

Next Morning...
I shifted around in Quamir's arms from hearing the loud vibration sound of my phone against the nightstand. It continued to go off and it was starting to aggravate me. Sighing, I slowly sat up in the dimly lit room from the morning sun that was trying to come up.

I leaned over snatching my phone from the nightstand seeing Tae was calling me which was odd as hell at this time.

"Hello?"

"Asia what the hell! I been try'na call you!", She shouted making me pull the phone from my ear for a second.

"Obviously I was sleep.", I mumbled.

"Go turn on the news now!"

"What why?"

"Just do it!", She answered while I flipped the covers from off of me. I stood up letting my bare feet touch the cold floor before walking to the little living area where I turned on the TV and flipped through the channels.

"As of today deputies discovered the body of eighteen year old Sevyn Terell. Nearby neigbor, Allen Mayhem claimed he saw what seemed to be a hand floating just above the water in the coulee not to far from his home. He alerted our deputies and once they arrived after examining the scene, they were able to confirm that it was in fact a hand. The body was quickly identified as Sevyn Terell, an eighteen year old girl who also was a student at Southside High School, looking forward to graduating in the near month..."

My ears went blank while watching all the images on the TV. It switched from the news anchor to the coulee, the witness, and showed a picture of Sevyn smiling.

I didn't even respond right away. I stayed frozen in front of the TV with my mouth opened, in shock of the news I had just received.

"Asia?", Tae repeated over the phone making it fall completely out of my hand making a loud thud against the hard floor. I went crashing down right after and bust out into a fit of tears. Its almost like I was dreaming. It just couldn't be. Here I was hearing about how my friend was found dead floating in a ditch...

Quamir walked into the living area and looked down at me before looking up at the TV. He lifted his eyebrows a bit before sitting down on the floor next to me. He pulled me up and let me cry on his shoulder as he rubbed my back.

I couldn't help my mind from wandering but I just had to know... I was still clueless as to what happened with Quamir last night.

"Mir, please tell me you didn't hurt my friend?", I looked up at him in the dimly lit room where he looked back down at me.

"On Lai, I don't have nun to do with that. You already know thats not how I get down."

I believed him. His word was enough for me to believe that he didn't have nothing to do with the tragedy of my close friend.

After receiving the hurtful news I spent most of my days in bed lying around doing nothing. Days went by and I still wasn't back in my hometown. That was until I started to grow bigger and restless.

Time went by and I had soon given birth to a happy and healthy baby girl that was named Laila Shamir Robinson. My baby soon became my number one focus and my heart outside of my body. It seemed like when everything was crashing down around me, knowing I had her made my days.

But little did I know, there was still more to come...

Okay I know this was super short. I usually don't allow myself to write short chapter like this but I'm gone let it slide for now because I needed to get this out of the way. But now this story will be moving faster and have more time gaps. Thank You Guys for Reading!!! Next chapter will be after baby Lai is born.

Don't forget to vote & leave me comments! What do you think will happen next?