Chapter 11

"Hello, my name is Gong Yoon Do", the man bows and smiles.

" Hello, how can we help you?", I bow back a little and smile.

"It's about the case you all are working on. Ah, Mr Lee Goon Ji's case?", he says and I quickly show him a seat and sit in front of him, opening my notebook and taking out my pen. "Yes, what about him?"

"The night before, I was walking past this house and thought I saw someone trying to break in. So, I walked close to see that it was a man and he had his private part out and touching himself", he explains and I make a face, glancing at prosecutor Ji to see what his reaction was but he had his head buried in a paper. I scoff a bit and turn back to Mr Gong. "And how did you know it was Mr Lee Goon Ji?"

He tilted his head as if he was trying to remember. "I didn't really see his face but then I saw about him on the news and thought, ah. That must have been him, that's why I came", he smiled. 

I noted this down and then looked at prosecutor Ji. He looked up and frowned. "News? what news?", he asked the man.  "It was on TV...", Mr Gong was interrupted by prosecutor Ji who turned on the TV and turned up the volume. At that moment, the 12 O'clock news was being aired and I turned to face the TV. 

"For the recent murders that have been happening around the neighbourhood, Mr Lee Goon Ji from ..... (his district name) has been confirmed as the main suspect...", the news reporter was saying. 

"What the fuck? who leaked this to the reporters?", he turned off the TV and glared at me and Mr Gong. 

Anna and Dalsik came in then. "I'm sorry, sir. We don't know how that happened" 

Prosecutor Ji grabbed his hair and groaned. "It's fine. Find out who leaked this to the press and we have to be very cautious from now on".

Gong Yoon Do's POV:

I watched the prosecutors get agitated by the news. They'll never know who leaked it to the reporters. Cause, it was me... who did it. Of course, as an anonymous tipper. I smirked softly to myself before standing up and bowing. "I'm sorry about this. But I have to go to work. May I leave now?", I ask the pretty prosecutor and she nods. I smile at her before leaving the office. An arrogant smirk was displayed on my face. 

Eun-ha's POV:

Anna and Dalsik were working on finding out who the anonymous source was but we all know that is just impossible. 

Everyone was stressed out, especially Prosecutor Ji. I wanted to tell him that we'll be fine but I can't lie. This will make it harder for our investigation.

"Prosecutor Choi", I look up at him. He was standing in front of my desk. "Go home now. You should come back well-rested for work tomorrow. We need to work harder now". He says and I open my mouth to refuse. "No, don't. Just go home", he says and walks away. I sigh and take my coat. Putting everything away and taking my purse, I walk out of the office, giving him one more glance as he was now seated at his desk. His back leaned against the chair with his eyes closed. 

I bite my lips and exhale sharply and close the door behind me.

Out in the parking lot, I get in my car and keep my purse on the passenger side and start up the engine of the car. 

I drive towards my neighbourhood, before changing my mind as I remembered that I need to do grocery shopping for Soon Hee. I turn the car around and frown slightly. 

"Why is it so dark?", I question myself as I park the car in an alleyway, getting out of the car, I walk to the nearest convenience store. "Hello, is there a blackout around here?", I ask the sales boy. He was playing games on his phone and he nods in answer. 

"Ah, I see", I say to myself and walk around the store taking the necessities I need and paying for them with cash. I take the shopping bag and keep it in the backseat before heading my way home.

My phone vibrates and I answer it. 

"Eun-ha...", it was an unfamiliar voice.

"Huh? Hello. Who is this?", I ask but there was no answer. All I heard was heavy breathing before whoever was on the other side hung up.

"What... that was so weird?", I kept looking down, completely distracted by the call and forgetting that I was driving. 

The sudden sound of honking makes me look up. A big truck was coming at me with its lights blinking. I gasped and turned the wheel, making me lose control and hit the wall. I felt my world turn upside down as shattered glasses sprayed all over me and I screamed in pain. 

Everything went quiet and for a few seconds, I felt that I saw the shadow of someone, but it was too dark out to know if I was hallucinating or not.

"H-Help...", I called out before everything went black.

TO BE CONTINUED

A/N: sorry for the very late update. I hope you all can bear it. I'm an A-level student so I don't really have the time to write. I should be studying for my AS exams but I wanted to clear my mind so here you all go. Another chapter of His Girl. Please don't mind the grammar mistakes or any other mistakes. I'll try to correct them whenever I can. Love you all who enjoy reading the cringe stuff I write <3