Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning feeling better but, Soon Hee blocked my way when I tried to go out.

"Your mentors' order", she smirked.

"Soon Hee, please. I want to work on this case really bad and it's my first case also", I pouted.

"I know that. Maybe you should just call him and try to convince him?", Soon Hee still refused to move away and I frowned and took out my phone and dialled Prosecutor Ji.

"Hello", he said.

"Ya! I'm totally fine and I'm going to work today no matter what!", I yelled into the phone and I heard a beep.

"What the actual? He just hung up on me!", I threw my phone from the frustration I was feeling. Thank god, it hit the sofa or...

"He did?", Soon Hee chortled.

"Yup", I groaned and fell onto the sofa.

There was a knock on the door. Soon Hee opened it, revealing Ji Chang Wook.

"Why are you dressed up?", he growled in frustration when he saw me.

"To go to work duh", I glared at him getting up from the sofa but he was onto me once that came out of my mouth.

"You're not", he pushed me back so I kinda fell back onto the sofa.

"Yeah, you're not my dad", I yelled at him. Rolling my eyes.

"No, I'm not but, I'm your mentor and as your mentor, I'm responsible for you and your wellbeing", he shoots back and my heart skipped a beat.

"You don't need to! I've Soon Hee and I'm old enough to be able to take care of myself", my voice cracked up a bit. No one has said something like this since Mom and Dad died and it provoked some feelings inside of me that I have hidden making me tear up. 

"I know that! But you're now my responsibility and as your mentor, I care about you", he said in a soft voice and I turned around to hide the tears forming in my eyes.

"Wah, you're so sweet Ji Chang Wook-ssi" Soon Hee fluttered her eyelashes and Ji Chang Wook smiled at her awkwardly. 

"Thank you", he bowed a little and she bowed back.

"Fine, I'll stay home until tomorrow", I finally gave in hesitantly.

"Good girl", he put his big palm on my head and I gave him a thin-lipped smile.

"Whatever", I took his hand from my head and squeezed it without realizing what I did. He touched my cheek with his other hand.

"You should be mentally and physically strong if you want to be a good prosecutor", he said before letting my face go and pushing me back onto the sofa.

"Ah, Yah!", I groaned in pain and he smirked before leaving the house.

"Wow, he's so annoying", I got up and blew my hair out of my face.

"And you still like him", Soon Hee teased.  I threw the cushion at her and she easily caught it and threw it back.

"YA! Pillow fight!", both of us took a cushion each and started fighting, laughing our asses off.

"Ha, I'm tired", I threw my pillow and went up to the refrigerator to get a cold drink. 

I gave her one soda can and plopped down next to her.

"Aah! We haven't had fun in a while", we clanked our soda cans and drank from them. 

"I know right? We're so busy these days. Especially now that you're also working", Soon Hee burped a little and I laughed.