Chapter 4

"Uh, are you going to tell me where we are going or not?", I asked prosecutor Ji and he just ignored me and kept on driving.

"Rude?", I finally gave up and turned to look out the window.

"You think so?", he finally spoke.

"Yeah. I mean, you ignored me when I asked you a question!", I crossed my hands on my chest and glared at him.

"Fine, think of me as a mean person. I know how to hold grudges too", he raised his eyebrows knowingly. I rolled my eyes and looked away quickly so that he wouldn't see the embarrassment which flushed across my face. 

"Uh, ehem. You're being a bit extreme, Mr Ji", I said.

"M- Mr?", he stuttered and glared at me. I smirked.

"Sorry, prosecutor Ji", I laughed a bit. 

"By the way, how did you know I would be there?", I asked, suddenly, realizing I didn't tell him where I was going today.

"Your friend Soon Hee told me it was your mother's death anniversary and I did my own background check", he looked at me before parking the car. 

"Ah, Soon Hee", I groaned and got out before he could put up the perfect gentlemanly act.

"What is this place?", I asked him, surprised.

"You really don't know?", he put his hands on his hip.

"Mm, well, I don't have all the time in this world to explore", I smiled.

"A girl not knowing about the Taebaek Sunflower Festival?", he covered his mouth with his hand. 

"Taebaek sunflower festival? This is-?", I pointed at the field and asked him.

"Yes", he smiled cutely.

"Wait, I'm confused. I thought you were going to give me food?", I was totally confused.

"Well, um", he looked away and cleared his throat making my heart flutter. It's so difficult pretending that I could care less about him.

"Well, you see. Uh, I thought, seeing the flowers would cheer you up. You know? Sunflower? Sunny? Cheery?", he did a flower face.

I bit my lip, trying not to laugh at his cute awkwardness.

"Thank you", I hugged him.

"Uh", he hesitated before putting his arms around my waist and hugging me back.

After a while, he pushed me away and cleared his throat.

"Prosecutor Ji, you're acting so awkward right now. It's cute", I said.

"C-Cute? Prosecutor Choi, don't get the wrong idea", he said and turned his back to me. 

I laughed and held onto his arm. He looked at me and I nodded my head towards the festival.

"Aigoo, you both look so cute", an elderly woman came up to us and said.

"Uh, thank you!", I said before he could open his mouth.

"What was that?", he groaned when she left. I just smiled.

Author's POV:

The man held the knife in one hand while looking at the pictures in front of him. He pressed the tip of the knife to one of the pictures. A picture of a woman. He leaned back in the chair where he sat and smiled to himself as twisted fantasies ran inside his mind.