Chapter 5

"Eun-ha, go with the both of them find out all you can", he addressed me before turning back to her. I made a face and followed Dal-sik and Anna out of the office. 

"Dal-sik-ssi, can I ask you a question?", I asked following them out of the building.

"Yeah", Dal-sik smiled shyly.

"Is Eun Bong-Hee his girlfriend?", he looked at me like I just asked the stupid question in the world.

"That girl, Eun Bong Hee. Well, I don't think they're dating anymore", Dal-sik said like he wasn't sure he was doing the right thing.

"Oh, I see", I nodded and looked away.

"What's up?", he asked.

"Nothing just asked. Curiosity", I smiled at Dal-sik and all of us got into his car.

"Let's go to the site of crime", I told Dal-sik. 

We reached there and there was someone there already.

"Who are you?", I asked the person who was standing with her back facing us.

The woman slowly turned to us. She stared at us through teary eyes.

"Ma'am, what are you doing here?", I asked her and she burst out crying. I looked at Anna for assistance. She rushed over to the woman and started comforting the woman.

"Do we know who she is?", I asked Dal-sik.

"No, I'm guessing a family member?", I nodded at this.

"Are you okay?", I asked the woman offering her a handkerchief. 

"Yes, just...", she sniffled and looked away. 

"I'm sorry, I'm Kyung-shim's mother. Na Haeun", the woman introduced herself. She has strikingly similar features to her daughter.

"Mrs Na, I'm extremely sorry for your loss but, may I ask you what you're doing here?", I asked the woman who looked like she needs a drink right now.

"I came here as soon as I heard about my daughter. Since she turned 19 years old, she lived alone.  Said she didn't want to bother us by being with us. Last year, I tried to convince her to come back to us but, she didn't", she explained.

"Where do you live, Mrs Na?", Dal-sik took out a notebook and a pen as I questioned her.

"My husband and I live in Geonchan-gu", we downed her with questions and Anna took her away from the scene so we could investigate. 

I checked for hidden surveillance cameras while Dal-sik examined the house. 

"Dal-sik", I called him and he came to where I was.

"Did you find anything, prosecutor Eun-ha?", he emphasized the last part and I smiled sheepishly, realizing that I'd dropped honorifics. 

"Sorry",  I said and then showed him my discovery. 

"This camera here is facing the house but, whoever killed Na Kyung-shim broke the camera", I told him and he jotted it down in his notebook.

The man watched the prosecutors as they investigated the crime scene. The crime scene he created. He smiled to himself remembering the girl's terrified face when he stabbed her with the knife. 

The beautiful melody that was her scream was still etched in his mind. He looked at the beautiful prosecutor with long jet-black hair. Damn, she's attractive. 

The man licked his lips sensually as his eyes followed every single little movement of the lady prosecutor.

Eun-ha's POV: