Chapter 13

ALMOST 48Hrs AFTER LEE GOON JI'S ARREST

JI CHANG WOOK'S POV:

We still haven't found solid evidence to pinpoint Lee Goon Ji as the murderer besides the stalking allegations. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose as a headache crept in. On top of being stressed about this, Eun-ha is in the hospital.

Wait a minute...

Lee Goon Ji was stalking Eun-ha as well. Could he be the one that caused her accident? The CCTV footage would have shown something if there hadn't been a blackout at that moment. When Eun-ha mentioned the dashcam, I sent Dal-sik to check the car's dashcam footage, but only for him to return and say that it hadn't caught anything.

I look at the file forward of me containing information about Lee Goon Ji and then pick up my phone, dialling someone.

"Hello?" the person on the other end says.

"Hello, it's Prosecutor Ji Chang Wook. Am I speaking to Oh Tae-moo?", I ask.

"Yes, this is. How may I help you, sir?", he asks.

"Has Lee Goon Ji been released yet?", he asks Tae-moo.

"No, not yet sir. But if the evidence isn't brought in an hour, we would've no choice but to release him. I had one of my men question him and he denied the murder allegations. Said he never killed anyone", this makes me sigh.

"Okay, I'm on my way. Did he say anything else?"

"Yes, actually he confessed to stalking one of your prosecutors. Said he doesn't know the name but she is very pretty with long back hair", Oh Tae-moo says.

"Prosecutor Choi, she got into an accident not too many hours ago and I think Lee Go- wait a minute. I'll be right there", I hang up and take my coat and bag, shoving the file inside. I grab my car keys and rush out of the office to go to the police station. When I reached the police station and was about to head in, I was met with Oh Tae-moo and Dal-sik.

"Sir?", Dal-sik looks at me confused. "What are you here for?"

"I need to question Lee Goon Ji", I say, glancing at Oh Tae-moo.

"But I just came-", I cut him off. "I need to check something"

I look at Oh Tae-moo who nods and leads the way to the interrogation room where Lee Goon Ji was.

I open the door and enter to see the distinguished handsome man in handcuffs sitting across from where the interrogator sits.

The man looks at me with pitiful eyes and bursts out crying.

"Are you here to bail me out? Please, I don't know what they're talking about. Murder? No, sir I didn't murder anyone", he cries, his hands in the air as he begged for mercy.

I scoff slightly before sitting down.

"So you think you didn't do anything wrong?", I ask and he stops the crying act and looks at me.

"What did I do wrong? All I did was make sure the girls get home safely. I didn't do anything wrong, sir", he looks at me.

I open my bag and take a picture of the late Na Kyung Shim and place it in front of him. He reaches and takes the picture and stares at it like a drunkard.

"Do you recognise her?", I ask him.

"No, but she is beautiful. My type", he says and I groan in disgust before grabbing the picture out of his hand.

"This girl- She's dead and you killed her. Didn't you?", I ask and he retreats to his chair. The shock expressed on his face.

"Me? Kill her? Sir, she's the type of girl I want in bed. I wouldn't kill her", he says and I scoff in disgust before taking a picture of Eun-ha that I had printed out. I threw it on the table and stood up.