Chapter 12

"H-Help...", I called out before everything went black.

I came into consciousness slowly, hearing hospital machines' familiar beep beep sounds. 

"Ah... where am I?", I say, blinking to open my eyes, through my blurry vision, I saw 4 people looking down at me. I gasp and sit up suddenly, making them flinch away. 

"Eun-ha?", I heard prosecutor Ji's voice and I looked around at the faces before meeting his eyes. 

"What happened?", I ask him as the pain settles in my head. "You got into an accident. Do you not remember?"

"Ah", I touch my head to find it bandaged. "Last thing I remember was someone calling me... but there was no one talking on the other side", I say as I slowly remember the events from last night.

He frowns at this. "What do you mean?"

"I mean... all I heard was breathing on the other side. Lasted about 30 seconds, they cut the call, and then..." I stop and sigh. I lean back against the pillow and close my eyes. 

"Seems like you've become a target too. Somehow, ugh. I knew you'd get into trouble somehow when you walked into my office", prosecutor Ji says in his annoying loud voice. 

"Yah!", I glare at him and sit up, immediately regretting it as a wave of dizziness washes over me.

"What? Hmm", he pushes me back with his finger pressed to my forehead and makes me lie down. "Now, be a good girl and get rest. I'll have police officers guard you so you're safe". 

"I'm not that kid anymore. So, stop it", I whine, but that bastard ignores me and leaves the room, waving his hands like a cute little boy. 

I pout after him and then glance up at the ceiling, thinking back to what happened last night. 

"Wait a minute. I-... I remember seeing a dark figure. Or a shadow?", I say out loud. 

My loud thoughts were interrupted by the door sliding open. A handsome doctor walks in with a bright smile on his face. Followed by an even more handsome one in scrubs. 

"Hello, prosecutor Choi. I'm Dr Hong Ji Hong and this is your attending doctor. Ji Han Wook", the older-looking one says, his hands behind him. Ji Han Wook takes one of his hands out of his pocket and smiles.

"Hi!", he says and his senior looks at him.

"I'm sorry, he can be a bit... immature at times", he chuckles and I give an awkward laugh. "It's okay".

"Dr Ji will take care of you", he glances at Dr Ji and nods. "Yes, I'll take excellent care of you", he smiles. Dr Hong leaves and Dr Ji takes out gloves and puts them on. "I'm just going to change your dressing, okay? tell me if it hurts", he says and starts walking on changing my dressing. I close my eyes not to make any awkward eye contact with him. When he removes the bandages, I felt the cold air hit my forehead.

"This might sting a bit", he says and presses wet cotton to my forehead making me wince. "Ah"

"Sorry, warned you", he says and blows softly as he pressed it. After a while, he puts away the cotton piece and wraps my head with a fresh bandage. "There you go, your injury wasn't that bad but you were knocked out badly. He removes his gloves, puts his hands back in his pockets, and leans towards me, observing me.

"I have never seen bro so worried about a girl before. What is it about you, Ms Choi?", I frown slightly at this. 

"Bro?", I ask and he leans back.

"Your mentor, Ji Chang Wook. He's my brother", he says and my mouth opens wide. "What...?", I didn't know he had a brother, damn, and he's hot too, just like his brother.