Chapter 14

Tw/ violence

Unknown's POV:

He watched Lee Goon Ji through the cameras. He was tied up and unconscious. The man couldn't help but smirk to himself as he turned around to look at the tools arranged on the table. He grabbed a machete and then walked downstairs to where Lee Goon Ji was. He kept the machete on the ground, grabbed a water horse pipe, turned it on, and splashed the cold water at the unconscious man. The man flinched and jolted awake as he looked around. His eyes widened with fear as his eyes met with the man. He mumbled something against the duct tape that acted as a barrier. The man stepped closer, ripping off the tape. 

"Help!" Lee Goon Ji yelled. The man hisses, landing a punch on Lee Goon Ji's face and blood spills out from the hard punch. He coughed, spitting out the blood. 

"Who are you?" he asked, fear and anger laced his voice. The man started laughing, causing Goon Ji's heart to start racing at light's speed.

"Me? Your doom," he said, taking the machete from the ground. 

"No, wait. Don't kill me! Don't-" The place filled with the pained screams of Lee Goon Ji before his voice was cut short.

Eun-ha's POV:

I was excited to leave the hospital. The nostalgia I felt from being holed up in the hospital wasn't all that nice and I was ready to leave. I exited the bathroom after freshening up and changing into clothes Soon Hee had brought with her this morning. Han Wook walks in, his hands in the pocket of his white coat.

"Hey, all ready to leave?" he asks with a bright smile on his face. "Yeah, I just need to sign the discharge papers. Thank you for taking such good care of me Dr Ji."

"Call me Han Wook. After all, you're my brother's coworker," he said, leaning against the wall as I finished putting all my belongings into the bag. "Alright, Han Wook it is," I smiled at him as I tied my hair up into a ponytail with the scrunchie around my wrist. 

"I'll get going then," I said. We walk out of the room and I go to the station to sign the discharge papers. "Are you going alone?" he asked in a worried voice as he leaned on the counter.

"No, Soon Hee is coming to pick me up," I shake my head. Han Wook walks me out and waits until I have safely gotten inside Soon Hee's car. Quite the opposite of his brother, I'd say. 

"What are you rolling your eyes at?" I snap out of it, not realizing Soon Hee had been talking to me. 

"What?" she shakes her head and repeats the question as my cheeks turn red from embarrassment. "Nothing, I just remembered something," I smile at her before putting on the seatbelt. 

"Prosecutor Ji came by," Soon Hee broke the silence one minute into driving. "What did he say?"

"He's such a bad leader. He asked me to tell you to come to work tonight if you possibly can. Some kind of meeting?" she shakes her head. I sighed, taking out my phone to look at my notifications that I had been ignoring purposefully. Soon Hee turned on some slow R&B music and started singing along as I opened the messages from Prosecutor Ji. 

Handsome guy ❤️

> Hello, Eun-ha. There's a brief meeting tonight at 8. Should I come to pick you up?

< Yah! I just got out of the hospital

I replied to him and he immediately read the message.