Chapter 15

"You're worried about me?" I asked, glancing at my senior in confusion. 

"Yeah, have you given me a reason not to be worried about you?" he asked, a cocky expression on his face. I rolled my eyes and prod at my food with the fork. 

"Remind me to stop worrying you, Mr Taken man," I clicked my tongue as I took a bite of the food. 

"Stop reminding me that I have a girlfriend. I already feel fucking guilty about my feelings for you," his words make me freeze and I slowly looked up from my food to meet his intense stare. He was not joking but I can't do this. I might be selfish but not about this. Not when the person I have feelings for is with someone. 

"Then move on. Haven't you and your girlfriend been together for the past three years?" I shove some pasta into my mouth and bite down on the fork as I raise my eyebrow suggestively.

"How did you know that?" he frowned. Before I could open my mouth to answer, he added. "It's not that easy to move on," I stared at him for a few minutes before erupting into laughter, causing some eyes to turn towards us. My laughter died down as I noticed his serious expression, I looked down to also note that he had barely touched his food. 

"What makes you think that I feel the same way about you, Prosecutor?" I posed the question, fucking away the pain I felt in my heart. "Five years ago when I kissed you, it was a mere attempt to seduce you," I sank my teeth into my bottom lip as he leaned in close. "Seduce someone 9 years older than you? You know the law. You could've put me behind bars," he raised an eyebrow and I gulped. 

"Right, sorry about that. I was just a kid," I smiled sheepishly at him. "What? Like five?" he snorted before readjusting himself in his seat.

"Shut up"

"What if I asked you to kiss me again?" I froze on the spot again. My heart skipped a beat. "I'm sorry... what?" 

"You heard me..." 

"Look, Prosecutor Ji. You're right, I had a small crush on you. But I was a high school student going through a dilemma. So, when I saw you, a handsome man. I wanted to rebel and seduce you, that's why I kissed you and maybe liked you a bit. But I'm mature now, I have grown and you have a girlfriend. I can't just..." my voice breaks and he nods. 

"I get it..." Before he could say anything more, his phone interrupted with a chime. He glanced at it and then called a waited for the bill. 

"What?" I asked and then I heard my phone vibrate. I fish it out of my handbag to check the notification. It was from the NFS letting us know that the results were out. 

When I looked up, Prosecutor Ji had already paid for the food and was getting up from his seat. "Let's go," he muttered and I cried out a quick wait for me as I grabbed my handbag and rushed after him. 

"Ah, fuck. I forgot that I didn't bring my car," he stopped in his steps and I bumped into him. "Great, hurry up and grab a taxi then," I clicked my tongue and he glanced back at me before walking to the sidewalk to grab a taxi which he was able to do in no time. 

We both got in and the ten-minute car ride was spent in total silence. Both of us are in our worlds. I feigned ignorance to his small glances and looked out of the window for the whole ride. Once the car stopped in front of the NFS building, I paid for the taxi, not allowing the Prosecutor to pay despite his continuous rambling. We walked into the building where we were once more greeted by Chief Byun who led us to Dr Hong. Dr Hong greeted us and took some papers laid neatly on his table. He presented each of us with an analysis sheet. I looked at mine, scanning through it. My gaze lands on the conclusion of the report.