Chapter 3

Ji Chang Wook came and stood next to me and he surprised me.

He put his arms around me and hugged me. I loved the feeling of comfort his closeness radiated. I know I've been having this huge crush on him since the cigarette incident but, I never thought actually being here, in this position would make me feel so safe and so... so...

"Eun-ha, are you really crying?", Chang Wook suddenly let go of me and put his finger under my chin and lifted my face. 

I was literally bawling my eyes out. Why did he hug me? He made me miss mom even more!!

"I'm fine", I tried to turn away from him but, he stopped me.

"Bullshit! Then why are you crying like you've lost everything you've?", he cussed.

"Because I have. Prosecutor Ji, unlike you", he looked taken aback and I regretted my choice of words right away.

"I'm sorry", I apologized and turned away and left the office. I can't deal with it tonight. I wanted to kick myself for being such a snob.

I kicked a pebble on the floor. 

"Ah, I need a drink", I blew my hair out of the way and fast-walked to Sooni Hawaii.

"Hello bestie", Soon Hee ran and tugged my arm the moment I walked in.

"Hello", I smiled.

"What's wrong?", Soon Hee detected my mood right away.

"I'll tell you. Just bring me a bottle of soju", I was glad there was only one person in the cafe'. I heavily sat down in one of the chairs, let my hair loose, and took out my phone.

There was a text from Ji Chang Wook.

Handsome guy ❤️

> Are you okay?

<  Yes, I'm fine...

I'm sorry if I worried you Prosecutor Ji but,

 I have some family issues I need to deal with tomorrow... 

And I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that earlier.

> It's fine. 

You can take a rest tomorrow and the day after tomorrow as well.

< Thank You!

> Welcome.

I guess he can be nice when he wants to be. Honestly, working with him for the last three weeks or so, I've seen how ruthless he can be. 

"Here's your bottle of soju", Soon Hee kept the bottle and the glass in front of me.

I opened it and poured myself a glass and downed it without further ado.

"Wow, you must be feeling very down", Soon Hee leaned over and gazed into my eyes.

"Nope, I'm okay", I said and poured myself another glass and drank it with one sip as well. Then, I told Soon Hee about what happened at work today.

"Waah, this is so frustrating Soon Hee", I cried. I was so drunk, I have emptied 3 bottles by now. Yup! I'm not a strong drinker.

"Aww, it's okay", Soon Hee patted me. Poor Soon Hee, she always struggles when I get drunk like this.

"Ah, welcome. But, the cafe' is already closed sir", I heard Soon Hee say before I felt myself drowning in darkness.

Ji Chang Wook's POV: