Thestrals

*December 31, 2004 - present day*

Months had passed and life had moved on for the residents of Black Manor. The proposal was kept secret for only a short matter of time before the Black sisters got wind of it and transpired to start planning a dream wedding for the newly engaged couple. Bellatrix Druella Black, heiress to the Ancient and Most Noble House of Black and once right hand to the Dark Lord was marrying her long time partner, Hermione Jean Granger, one third of the Golden Trio. In all her years, she had never thought she would remarry let alone marry a muggle born. "No," she would often think to herself. She wouldn't change one damn thing about her life. She had been happy and content with her life for the first time she could recall.

Andy and Teddy had moved into the manor when Hermione had her accident, that was in May and they pair had yet to leave. At this point, Bella had just assumed that they were going to stay forever and she wasn't entirely put out by the idea. She loved having her little nephew to chase around. It kept her fit. Her sister on the other hand was tolerable. "Are you ever leaving?" She would often find herself asking Andy when the middle Black sister would do something overly annoying or meddle in her relationship. Andromeda would just smile at her and shake her head, "no. I've nested and you love me," would always be the response the eldest sister received. Bella would just roll her eyes and walk away from the cackling.

Hermione and Bella both returned to work in late September. The brunette was only meant to return part time as she was still recovering from her accident so this obviously meant that Bella was also only returning part time, "be thankful I'm here at all, Potter," is what she would announce when her once enemy turned friend would ask her why she was arriving late or leaving early. She didn't hate her job, she was surprisingly good at it. Solving murders turned out to be something an ex-criminal was adept in. Hermione would meet her fiancé for lunch and get treated to daily stories of gore and guts all while Bella smiled. "Once a criminal, always a criminal. Eat up love," she would say to the brunette when Hermione would give her a look of disbelief at her general excitement over solving a murder.

Hermione had officially put her ballot in for the race for Minister. Kingsley would no longer be the Minister of Magic effective January 1, 2005. The next minister would be picked in late spring and Hermione was already anxious about the results. When Bella had investigated the competition, she discovered that Hermione's running mate was none other than Antonin Dolohov. "Of course it's that asshole. I should've seen this coming. A pureblood running against a muggle born... he will no doubt use blood purity in his campaign," she shrugged, "it's okay, pet. You are far more qualified and likable than him." Hermione wasn't so sure. Bella spent the majority of her days campaigning for her fiancé to become the next minister though the efforts didn't matter until the race officially began in January. "You are the only option, love." The majority of their work lunch dates consisted of Hermione going on about not being picked for minister and the dark witch ensuring her that everything would work out.

Currently, Bella was pacing back and forth in the foyer. Every 2 minutes she would pull her hello phone out of the top of her dress and check the time. She yelled up the stairs, "hurry up. We are all going to be late and I won't have it." She paused only for a moment to check herself out in the mirror. She was wearing a dark navy tulle floor length dress with a deep V cut in the front showing off ample cleavage and a matching V cut in the back. The V cut top had embellished flowers and gems which ran down the long length of the dress. Her hair was piled up in the top of her head, a few long curls framing her face with small blue butterflies clipped throughout. She had dark eye makeup with a nude lip. "Yeah," she nodded appreciatively, "I still got it."

Andy could be heard yelling down from the third floor, "you only care because the three of you are in the wedding."

"Don't be jealous you weren't asked," Bella cackled. "Come on, pet. You're in this too. I blame you for getting us roped in."