Into the Hellscape

Bella, Draco, Kate and Harry were sat around a conference table in the middle of Harry's big ass department head office that Bella was definitely not jealous of discussing any upcoming plans for the Diagon Alley serial killer. "Does anyone have anything?" Harry broke the silence because it was clear that there were no clues concerning the whereabouts or identity of the man in question and so far the body count remained at four. The fifth girl who got away seemed to spook the man into hiding. The crew wasn't stupid, they knew he'd strike again.

"It's March," Kate spoke up.

"Is she serious?" Bella looked over to Draco. "She's serious." She looked at Harry who just shrugged at her.

"Yes it is," Harry was unsure what to say next.

Kate rolled her eyes and sighed dramatically, "it's March and that's when Bella said we would circle back around to the whole undercover thing."

"Oh that..." Bella looked uncomfortable. "Potter there has to be another way besides offering up one of my officers to a killer."

"She's volunteering, Auntie," Draco looked to Kate for confirmation. "I don't think she'd offer if she wasn't confident she'd be okay."

"She can't possibly know that she'd be okay in that situation. Anything could happen, including her death." Bella glared at the younger woman who wasn't faltering in her gaze.

"I'm not afraid," Kate replied, crossing her arms. "I know what's at stake and I'm ready and willing to do this to possibly save other girls who could be murdered and raped. So what's the big deal?"

"You could die!" Bella yelled.

"I'm aware of that but it's my decision if I do this or not," Kate then looked at Harry, "if Harry approves. It's up to him in the end, not you."

"Potter, you can't seriously be thinking about this." Bella looked towards her enemy turned friend.

"Well," Harry avoided the glare coming from his right, "it's really the only option and plan we have right now. If Kate's consenting to this then who am I to stop her. She needs a full plan proposal including her escape plan and emergency contacts as per ministry policy but I think she might be onto something here."

Bella stared at Harry with her mouth hung open unsure where this power shift had come from. Sure he was the department head but she usually got her way. "You're going to catch Phoenix shit, Aunt Bella." Draco said as he leaned over and whispered to his aunt causing her to snap back into the scene.

"You are all fucking crazy. It's suicide." Bella threw her hands up in the air.

"I didn't know you care about me so much." Kate grinned at her supervisor.

"I don't." Bella growled. "It would be really inconvenient for me if you died. I'd have to find a replacement. It would mean a load of paperwork," Kate rolled her eyes at Bella's feeble list, "and," Bella added a little softer, "If you die, you'd mess up Hermione's seating charts and I'd hear about it for the rest of my life. Trust me when I say it's not about my feelings for you, it's about my survival instinct and not wanting my fiancé to murder me."

"Uh huh," Kate smirked.

"She's been spending too much time with you Aunt Bella," Draco laughed, "not even a Black and smirking like she owns the place."

Bella slammed her fists down on the table, "fine. If this is what you want to do then do it but none of you assholes better come crying to me when Kate winds up dead." She got up forcefully knocking her chair over and stormed out of Harry's office.

"Well that went well," Harry said quietly after the door slammed shut, "okay let's get started on this plan of yours."

"I'll be right back," Kate said, looking at the door. She got up and made her way out into the department. She saw that Bella's door was slightly ajar. Taking a couple of deep breaths to calm her nerves, she walked over and lightly knocked on the door.