𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊 | ᴛᴇᴇɴᴀɢᴇ ɴᴏ-ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄᴇ

【***】

❝𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝙰𝚝𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚜 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜❞

𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒔 = 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌
【***】

The relationship between Angel Reyes and Camila Suarez was anything but straightforward.

Mila had first met the Reyes' when she was 8-years-old.

Mila and her brother, Mateo, were moving in with her aunt and uncle, Neva and Fernando Rivera, who just so happened to live across the street from the Reyes family.

When Marisol first introduced Mila to her sons, Mila instantly noticed the difference between the two.

It was in their smiles.

Ezekiel's seemed like the type of smile that could get him out of anything and simultaneously make the receiver of said smile fall in love with the sweet boy right on the spot, which also, quite possibly, had something to do with that certain spark of purity that shone in his eyes.

Whereas, Angel's smile was probably the very thing that got him into nothing but trouble. The mischievousness of it laced itself throughout all his features and his eyes held a daring glint, like he was just waiting to satisfy his craving for that fizz of adrenaline he experienced every time he pushed the boundaries and rebelled against any structure of discipline.

Mila got that exact same craving for chaos.

Though, instead of initiating chaos like Angel, she simply just enjoyed being surrounded by it, if anything, Mila thrived in chaos.

It's what made them work so well together.

Angel and Mila had one of those friendships that didn't have to be forced. They were naturally drawn to each other's company.

And as they grew up, entering their teenage years, it could be said their friendship developed too.

【***】

It was Thanksgiving.

It was Thanksgiving and the Reyes and Suarez-Rivera households had decided to celebrate it together.

Like always.

It was Thanksgiving and Marisol had made her world-class carnitas, while Neva had prepared the spiced pumpkin flan with the help of Mila and Mateo.