𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗 | ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇx ʟᴏʏᴀʟᴛɪᴇꜱ

【***】

❝𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙸𝚗 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎❞

❝𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙸𝚗 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎❞

【***】

"I accept that."

Mila was leaning over the table, eyes scanning through the figures on the page in front of her.

Once Alvarez had taken off, after he'd received a call from Galindo requesting that El Padrino and the Mayans meet with him to discuss yet another crisis, Mila had taken it upon herself to do something productive that could also settle her nerves and distract her from the current treacheries going on around her.

So, she decided to take a look at the MC's books. More particularly, the books concerning Neva's Diner: the first diner she ever washed the Mayans' money through, the first diner the Mayans ever bought and owned for her to do so, the diner that was named so in honour of her aunt, and the one located in the very town that is Santo Padre.

It was when she entered the scrapyard's office that she met Chuckie.

She'd heard about the man before, of course, mainly from Coco's concerns regarding him, but also when she'd asked about who'd taken up her job of bookkeeping for the Santo Padre charter when she moved to San Diego.

Though, meeting Chuckie was a lot different to hearing about Chuckie.

Mila understood why Coco was put off by the man.

Chuckie was certainly an interesting character.

But, once you'd spent more than five minutes in conversation with him, you learnt that the bookkeeper had a format that he stuck to. Which was one of the things Mila liked about him, there weren't any hidden motives or manipulative tactics about the man. He did his job and he did it well.

And, as it turns out, he's not a half-bad bookkeeper. Mila knew she could trust him to not mess up the numbers, or, at least more-so than the Mayans.

"That's why you can't just inflate the diner receipts. You have to inflate them with products that can't easily be counted and judged in the stock intake."

For the last half-hour, Mila had been explaining some of her methods of money laundering used at the diners. Nothing too complex - not wanting to give away all of her secrets.

"Right.." Chuckie stated in understanding. "So, instead of a burger or eggs, it'd be fries or salad."

"Precisely.. Just keep blurring the lines until there's nothing to see."

Chuckie had been intrigued by her methods of washing. He liked speaking to someone he shared an interest with, never really having anyone to bond over numbers with before.