𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 | ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪᴇʀᴀʀᴄʜʏ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛꜱ

【***】

❝𝙺𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚏 𝙰𝚕𝚕❞

❝𝙺𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚏 𝙰𝚕𝚕❞

【***】

     "How's the wife?"

Mila took a seat in the chair opposing Galindo's at his desk, him doing the same, giving an amused huff as he did so.

"Well, she hasn't let Cristobal out of her arms for one second since he got back, so.." He trailed off, looking at the young woman in front of him with tired eyes and a weak smile. Relief being the main emotion venting from the man, his shoulders a lot less tense than the last time she'd been in his office.

"I bet." She chuckled, matching his relieved undertones with her own, as she leant back into the chair and crossed one leg over the other, her hands clasped together and resting in her lap.

The office has been swamped in the darkness of nightfall, only a few small lights keeping the area visible to its two occupants, the tranquil nature of its unprofessionalism mirroring that of Miguel and Mila's own.

Once Miguel had arrived home from his stay at the border crossing, after spending a few short minutes with his son and wife, he's immediately called Mila. Devante having informed him the woman had to have a meeting with the cartel boss urgently.

If it had been anyone else, Miguel would've dismissed them and stated he wanted to spend the night with his newly reunited family. However, it was very rare that Mila ever used the word 'urgent', being that anything which so importantly needed resolving, she handled in accordance of her own wit until she could more suitably meet the cartel boss.

Thus, at the news of her desperation, he'd invited her to his office, making it the perfect time to inform her of what the border control situation had been about.

They didn't spend long going over everything which had happened to them over the last two days.

Miguel told her of his sit down with Adelita at border control, something Adelita had told her about ahead of time, needing Mila to be the right kind of counsel Miguel needed to hear.

Counsel which was clearly necessary if Miguel was to even think about allying with Adelita and Los Olvidados, considering how venomously he spoke of the woman's arrogant tactics to get him to fall prey to the bait of blackmail she'd laid for him. Though, Mila was convinced Miguel was still a little worked up over the whole ordeal, anger currently being the main reasoning behind his thoughts.

Mila just needed to give him reason to fall back from the rage circulating his bloodstream and prove to him how in luck he was with Adelita's offer.