𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊 | ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴇʀ

【***】

❝𝚆𝚊𝚜𝚑 𝙸𝚝 𝙲𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗❞

❝𝚆𝚊𝚜𝚑 𝙸𝚝 𝙲𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗❞

𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒔 = 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌
【***】

     Mila Suarez had a brilliant mind.

Whether it was sharp-witted, ambitious, clever and shrewd.

Or cunning, competitive, manipulative and paranoid.

There was no doubt that Mila Suarez had a brilliant mind.

She was a talented student, a child prodigy, particularly in math. The type of student who didn't need to go out of their way to succeed and triumph over others, it just came naturally to them.

But it was her confidence that really got people, drew them in. It was a quiet, subtle confidence; self-assurance in every choice she made.

It was the persuader that could convince anyone in the room that her way was the best way.

Her confidence made her seem 10 times smarter than she already was.

Even if her choice turned out to not be the best way, she never experienced any regret for making it, she only ever learnt from her mistakes.

Unlike everyone else around her, who would spend days, weeks, months, and even years, moping and sulking over everything they had done wrong and how they wished they could go back and do it all over again differently.

It was all of these things about her that made Mila feel slightly disconnected from the world, the people, around her. She often felt like the reader to society's book.

Not that it bothered her that she was different.

If anything, the very thing she feared was losing her uniqueness and being like everyone else.

Sometimes thinking that made her feel arrogant.

【***】

     And here she was now, losing her uniqueness; pining over someone she shouldn't be pining over.

Mila knew she didn't have a right to feel envious of Angel and Adelita's relationship - or whatever it was.

But she couldn't help the sourness that stirred around inside her every time she thought about the two of them together.

She'd never felt jealousy before. Never. Not even when she and Angel were teens, during the midst of their unique friendship, and he continued to date other girls and proceed to fall in love with them.