𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓| ɴᴇɢᴏᴄɪᴏꜱ ꜱᴏɴ ɴᴇɢᴏᴄɪᴏꜱ

【***】

❝𝙱𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝙸𝚜 𝙱𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜❞

【***】

     A knock sounded from the dark, wooden door, prompting one of Galindo's men to crack it ajar and, upon seeing the men on the other side, creak the door open the whole way, granting the men of the Mayans access to the private room where Galindo, Devante, Emily and Mila already awaited for them.

As he entered, Bishop took a look around and picked out its occupants, seeing one particular young brunette-haired woman who he'd spent the last hour trying to get ahold of, she having clearly just been relaxing back in the cushioned chair the entire time.

"Huh, I was wondering where you'd gotten to." The President walked over to her and pinched the half-full glass of bourbon from her hands, giving it a sniff then putting it down on the table, and taking in her rather nonchalant nature. He mocked with raised eyebrows, "Little early in the day to be knocking them back, isn't it?"

Mila only smiled sweetly at him, "Well, I've done all the shit that requires a sober mind already." She waved the file of documents before putting them back on her lap. Her next statement being spoken more in general than to anyone in particular, "Besides, I'm gonna fucking need a few with what's coming."

Bishop's brows furrowed, being the only one to catch what she'd just said. He was just about to question it before Emily spoke up to Alvarez and offered him her seat beside Galindo, with Alvarez's greeting to the drug lord, the meeting seemed to enter its stage of being active.

Bishop dropped it and took the seat to Mila's right, watching as she sat up into a more formal position with her back straightened and her legs crossed one other the other.

To anyone else, she would've seemed businesslike in her manner, completely sober. Sometimes Bishop wondered how she managed to compartmentalise her mind in such a way where it could easily switch back and forth from relaxed to professional.

However, the truth was that Mila's mind never switched off, it never relaxed, it never stopped swirling with cynical thoughts and overanalysing paranoia.

The President also decided to shift his attitude into a professional one, looking over to EZ, "Prospect. Bikes."

EZ headed for the door without question, but was stopped in his path by Galindo's input, "I'm okay if Ezekiel stays." EZ turned to the cartel boss, hiding his surprise well despite the unusual acknowledgement Galindo showed to the Prospect's existence. "It might be useful to have someone remember the details of what we say."