ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

【***】

❝𝙷𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚢𝚖𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙴𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚢 𝚁𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝❞

【***】

     Pearl white-tipped waves lapped onto the golden grains which spread across the shore, though they retreated back after only one second of a visit, they having stained the sands with a darker shade of beige; each visit leaving the darker shade slightly higher up on the shore than the last time, it creeping its way in with the tide.

Angel had his back turned to the beautiful sight of the tranquil bay, instead focusing on the drinks menu.

On their first day of venturing to the Palmilla resort nearby, Angel had taken one look at the bar's expansively diverse drinks menu and taken it upon himself to try a different one each time he went to the bar.

However, due to the fact they weren't members of the resort and were in fact staying at one of Galindo's many estates in the area, which he'd loaned to the newly wed couple as their wedding gift, it meant they didn't get the all-inclusive offers on the drinks - meaning, everything Angel ordered was racking up quite the bill when it came to pay.

"Alright, compa," With his eyes still on the menu on the counter in front of him, Angel spoke to the eagerly waiting barman, who he'd gotten to know quite well already in his first week of their honeymoon, "I'll have..the Bloody Maria, and she-.." Angel gestured with his thumb over his shoulder in the broad direction of the beach, where Mila was sat among the sand, "She'll have.." His eyes rapidly scanned over the menu, ultimately settling on the answer, "the Virgin Margarita."

The barman didn't take long in putting the drinks together. As soon as he did, Angel took them down to where he could see Mila sat on the near-empty beach, only clad in her black bikini as it was still warm, enjoying the slow sunset as its peach-coloured rays caught the water and reflected into the clouds.

"Aquí, hermosa." Angel passed her the drink, she took it, before he sat down beside her, knees propped up so he could rest his forearms on them and watch the sunset with her.
[Here, beautiful.]

She smiled at him, "Thank you." Though, as she drank a sip of the beverage, she noticed the odd taste of it, grimacing as she swallowed, "Is this virgin?"

"Mhm." Angel hummed and smirked at her, knowing full-well that she didn't appreciate the nonalcoholic drinks he'd been supplying her with throughout the entirety of their time on the southern tip of Baja California Sur.

"You have got to stop doing this." Nevertheless, she took another sip, mainly because she was suffering from a never ending thirst.

Angel's eyebrows pinched mockingly, "Well, it's not recommended to drink while trying to get pregnant."

Mila rolled her eyes, she was most certainly going to beat the shit out of Coco and Gilly when they returned to Santo Padre. Their gift to Angel and Mila on their wedding day being a book on pregnancy, knowing the couple had already started to try to and conceive.

A book which Angel had read morning, noon and night since he'd been given it. Mila had honestly never seen him read with such enthusiasm. But she was really starting to regret allowing him to bring it with them on their honeymoon, hoping that maybe their fire pit might run out of logs one night and they'd need something to keep it burning.

"Well, I'm pretty sure it's been found men are recommended not to drink alcohol too." She swung her head back to the side to look up at him, a snarky smirk also pulling at her lips.

"Ah," She was awaiting the excuse he was about to pull out of the bag, "you see, I need to drink so I can start building up our boy's tolerance early on, you know?"

She chuckled, "Angel, it's not even in existence yet, what makes you think it'll be a boy?"

"I've been praying that it'll be a boy. Lord fucking knows you hate girls, you'll probably end up murdering her when she becomes some bratty teenager." Angel flicked his attention from the sunset to the young woman beside him, "If she even makes it that far."

Mila tilted her head with a nod in agreement with his response, humming and taking another sip of the Virgin Margarita, "You're right.." She spoke quietly, almost spitting out her words with the distaste she felt thinking about it, shaking her head to emphasise her point, "I do fucking hate girls."

"You better start praying with me later, then." Angel shrugged his shoulders, as if it was the most obvious answer to that problem. "Praying that we get blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby boy.."

Mila laughed after a minutes thought of looking out into the sunset as it climbed behind the horizon, "..-Who's alcohol tolerance is through the fucking roof."

Angel laughed along with her, raising his glass, saying merrily through his chuckles, "-Who's alcohol tolerance is through the fucking roof."

He necked his drink, then lifted his arm around Mila and pulled her into his side. She rested her head on his shoulder as both of them stared out at the view ahead of them.

In all the years she'd lived, she never knew she could find such peace - such serenity - in one moment.

Though, she partly believed it wasn't the moment which was doing it, but more the man who was beside her the entire time.

【***】
A/N: Well, shit.
It's over.
Just wanted to thank everyone who's read, commented and voted on this story 🙃🙏🏼💕

🎉 You've finished reading 𝕁𝕌𝔻𝔸𝕊 𝕂𝕀𝕊𝕊,, 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 🎉