𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 | ᴄʜɪᴠᴀʟʀʏ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ

【***】

❝𝙰 𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝙵𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙼𝚊𝚗❞

【***】

Felipe Reyes had a difficult relationship with Mila Suarez.

It was thorny.

Forever entangled with tight knots of tension, causing a strain of aggressive disdain to be strung along the tying twines of their bond, which tightened with a will to snap and retract each time another troubled matter came about and sent ripples of unease throughout the already threadbare rope.

Any outsider would say Mila looked down on Felipe due to his years of giving his eldest son a particularly cold shoulder.

But it ran much deeper than that. 

Though, despite her venomous stares and wary observations Felipe always felt directed his way, the Reyes patriarch liked Mila.

He liked her willpower.

Her intellectual acuity.

Her versatility.

Her composure.

Her maturity.

But, most of all, he liked her need to protect his sons.

Sons.

Plural.

She protected both of them, EZ and Angel, from the violent and dangerous world they lived in and never seemingly found any challenge in doing so - unlike him.

Felipe didn't ever know why, but, for some reason, his protection over Angel always fell short of his protection over EZ.

Whenever a rush of his fatherly instincts hit, EZ's safety always came first.

It's not that Felipe didn't love Angel, of course he loved Angel, he was his firstborn.

But, EZ just always shone more brightly in his eyes.

Felipe had convinced himself, over the years of being a father to both boys, that the reason for this was that he could trust Angel to protect himself. Angel chose to pursue the high-risk life the Mayans MC brought on.

EZ, however, always preferred the safer life.

But, Felipe knew the truth.