uno

90 days before...

She poured herself a glass of rosé as she massaged her temples. Their sales were plunging as a new company was rising. Her older sister, Imee, sat in front of her.

"You managed to start and save your business when you were 20, you can still save it now that you're 37." She leaned back to her chair and looked at her younger sister.

Irene stared at her sister's eyes, "That was different back them. Walang kompetensya. Well, other than that Araneta scion." She grunted and drank the rosé straight.

"Pinapasosyal mo pa yang pagiinom ng rosé-rosé na yan. Ishot na lang natin!" Imee rested her elbows on the table, intertwining her fingers.

The door creaked, "Why don't we look for solutions rather than drink?" A voice of a man came. Imee rolled her eyes, "Whatever, goody two shoes."

Silence reigned inside the room as their eyes fixated on the table, all of them were lost in their chain of thoughts, thinking of some solution.

Imee then slammed her hand on the table, "Manang ano ba!" Irene exclaimed as she held her chest, "Mamamatay ako sa'yo..."

"OA mo! Anyway! Speaking of that Araneta." Imee smirked, "I heard his sales are also dropping, his investors are worried baka mag bankrupt." She shared.

"That makes us two! If my company is just fine, magpapa-lechon ako. But my company is also on the line." She groaned, throwing her head back.

Imee and Bongbong shared a knowing look. "I think that's not what Manang meant..." Bongbong smirked.

The youngest one shot her head to two of her older siblings and widened her eyes. "NO." She exclaimed as she realized what her sister was offering. "No, no, no!" She repeated.

Imee shook her shoulders, "I'm friends with him." She had a small, mischievous smile on her face. "Kayo lang naman ang hindi friends eh, bakit nga ba?" She asked.

"Whatever and no. Never." She pointed her index finger to Imee and Bongbong. "It's a good plan you know..." Bongbong smirked.

"Oh, not you too!" She grunted and glared at her brother. "Here me out. I'll gather the best lawyers I have in the firm, plan the details, the answers to the questions, non-disclosure agreements, and everything and anything." Bongbong tilted his head.

Irene shook her head, "I don't want to see him." She furrowed her brows, "Bakit ba? May tinatago ka samin, noh?" Imee smirked.

"Wala." The youngest one rolled her eyes. "Sungit nito." Bongbong pointed at Irene as he looked at Imee.

"Sige na... If this plan won't work then we'll just have to think of something else." Imee persuaded. Irene shook her head again, "No. And that's final." She stood up, pushing the chair back, and left her siblings.

Imee and Bongbong smirked at each other, "Konting push pa yan..." He chuckled. "She'll somehow swallow her pride soon." He added.

"Sana nga. Kung hindi, nako wala na akong maisip pang iba. Masyadong magaling yung bagong kompanya na kinakalaban nila. Fresh and Beautiful! Ganon!" Imee laughed and shook her head slowly.

"Parang hindi kompanya ang tinutukoy mo, Manang." Bongbong chuckled. "Kompanya nga... Fresh ang New in the eyes of the consumers eh..." Imee raised an eyebrow.

"Gather your lawyers, write everything down to how they met, when they made it official, what he did that made Irene choose him. Basta lahat. Let's make a show." Imee smirked.

Bongbong looked at his older sister, raising his eyebrows, "Tapos? Anong gagawin mo? Bigyan sila ng eroplano?" He jested.

"Gâgo!" She snickered, "Ako yung mag pe-persuade sa kanilang dalawa, noh! Full sched si Mark this week, eh. Back to back flights."