diecisiete

"Manang, mauna na kami... Greggy has a meeting pa daw, makakahabol pa naman siya." Irene leaned closed to kiss the cheek of her older sister. "I already told Mommy na..." She smiled.

Imee nodded and smiled at her sister, "Mag-ingat kayo pauwi... Irene, pansinin mo na asawa mo, dalawang araw na hindi mo pa yun pinapansin." She looked directly into her eyes.

Irene sighed, "Yeah... Yeah, I will." She weakly said and then brought her attention to the van in front, "Sige na, ingat rin kayo pauwi." She smiled and began to climb inside.

"Ingat kayo!" Imee waved again before looking at Greggy that just came from the back of the van to organize their bags.

"Una na kami, Imee." Greggy smiled, placing his hand on Imee's back and kissed her cheek. "Ingat kayo." Imee nodded once and smiled.

He climbed in and Imee moved back a little so that Boyet could close the van door. He then went to the passenger seat and the van began to move forward.

Imee just waved at it with a smile on her face, watching the van go out of their porch. As it disappeared, she went back inside the house to fix her belongings.

Irene and Greggy still wasn't talking to each other, well, Irene is still ignoring Greggy even when he's doing everything that he could to earn her forgiveness for not buying green grapes.

It's kind of funny but pregnant women's cravings are sure hard to please.

Boyet and Buboy were taking turns in driving as the ride back to Manila was kind of traffic since they travelled on a rush hour. Greggy was looking at the powerpoint that was sent by his secretary for hin to catch up on what they were going to meet.

Irene was sleeping, hand on her belly, her mouth slightly ajar, and light snores were heard. He kept on glancing at his wife when they ran through bumpy roads.

"Boy," Greggy called, quietly. "Idiretso niyo na lang ako sa opisina tas uwi na kayo." He gave his instructions.

"Sige po, sir." Buboy nodded and turned the steering wheel to the right.

Irene stirred from her sleep as she felt the car slow down. She opened her eyes slowly, letting her eyes adjust. "Nasaan na tayo?" She asked.

Greggy looked at her, "Nagpapa-drop nalang ako sa opisina, after nun uuwi na kayo." He answered her, hoping that she would now look at him.

But to no surprise, she still didn't respond after Greggy answered her.

Buboy stopped the car, pressed on the hazard button, and then unlocked the door for Greggy to go out. "Uwi na kayo diretso ha?" He told the drivers.

Buboy and Boyet only smiled and nodded, "Yes, sir."

Greggy went out, rolled the door close and walked inside his building with his iPad on hand. Irene then fished out her phone to check the time as she felt her stomach growl.

"May madadaanan ba tayong drive thru?" She asked the drivers as she composed herself once again on her seat.

Buboy looked at his surroundings as he started the car again, "May madadaanan po tayong KFC." He answered, glancing on the rearview mirror.

"Sige, drive thru tayo." She nodded once and looked at the window. "Ma'am, mga 30-40 minutes pa po yun kasi matraffic na yung routa doon." He informed.

"Madadaanan naman natin pauwi diba?" She asked. "Yes, ma'am." Buboy answered.

Irene nodded, "Sige lang..." She smiled.

"Okay po, ma'am." Buboy focused himself in driving.

⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅.