epilogue

"When you think of Greggy, some of you would say that he's a businessman. A successful one on it. Or you could say that he's a leader, a tycoon, someone who has a lot of ideas and someone who is passionate on what he does." Irene smiled to the people in front of her.

She took a deep breath before continuing, "But to me... He's my husband, he's a father, a lover, a shoulder to cry on, and someone who makes everything better." Tears began to form on her eyes.

"I originally wrote my vows kasi akala naman namin ikakasal na ulit kami just with our families... I never knew I had to prepare a eulogy and an accolade..." She breathed out.

Imee kept her head up, her heart breaking into a million pieces just seeing her sister so heart broken by the events.

"So I'll say my vows to him because I know that he will be right here." She touched her chest and smiled.

"Gregory... I've never met anyone who is as stubborn as I am, who puts up with my impatience, who willfully loved me with al his heart even when with my flaws and imperfections and my mistakes." A tear fell down on her cheek as her hands trembled, holding a piece of paper.

She took a sharp breath and sniffled, "But it's you, it had always been you who loves me. Ever since when we were young, I knew you were the one but I guess, like I said the night before our wedding... Maybe it's not our right lifetime..." She bit her bottom lip to stop herself from sobbing.

"You knew that marriage to me was scary and that it takes a lot of courage to do it. Because you had to commit to that person all your life. You did it to me without doubts and hesitations. I was your number one, your first thought in the morning, your last thought before you sleep. I was always the best to you and you did everything to show me that I was that person." She tried her best to finish her paragraph even with her shaky voice.

"I know that you are never gone because you will always be in my heart, but the feeling of you gone physically hurts, mahal. But it isn't right to not let you go and rest."

"Nevertheless, I thank you for giving me an idea on how great and how deep your love is. You gave me Alfonzo," She smiled at her growing baby bump, "It's unfortunate that you couldn't see you son..."

"But I will raise him well. I will raise him and teach your virtues and your principles and I bet your son could be twice as good as you." She smiled proudly, "I love you, mahal ko..." She whispered softly.

"And I will miss you in every waking hour. I will miss you and your silliness, your overprotectiveness, your love, your touch, your words of comfort. The room would be too big for me now that you're gone..." She let the tears fall down, never minding that she had been vulnerable.

Her husband just passed, she cared less.

"Rest well, mahal. Visit me in my dreams and tell me each night that you love me just as you would." She folded the paper back and looked at the crowd in front of her.

"I would never find anyone like you. You've taken all the love I have... I can't spend a lifetime sharing it to someone but you." She looked on the picture of Greggy sitting beside his casket.

She smiled softly, "Greggy would thank everyone of you present here... And I am very much grateful that you've taken time from your hectic schedules to come and bid goodbye to your son, your brother, and your friend..." She looked at Patricia and smiled before giving the microphone to her.

Imee went to her sister to assist her back to their chair. "You did well, ading." She soothed her as she stroked her arm up and down in comfort.

Irene just nodded on and smiled in response to her sister. After giving her speech, it was his sisters who were next to give theirs. But her eyes were focused on the white and gold casket. Half of it opened, and the other half closed.