trece

Greggy was out of town, drinking a few shots of whiskey with his friends. A week of being ignored has just passed and although it hurts, he still cared for Irene.

"Pare, ligawan mo kaya ulit?" Buddy leaned back to his chair while taking a sip on his glass.

Greggy chuckled and shook his head slowly, "No matter how hard I try, pag yun nag desisyon na hinde... Hinde na talaga yun."

"Try lang naman. We could still see that you both love each other Greggy... Wala namang mawawala pag sinubukan mo..." Buddy countered.

"I already tried... Multiple times." Greggy smirked.

"Nope. You took advantage of the fact that you were both married in contract and in law." Buddy outsmarted him and smirked.

Greggy grew silent over this and sighed. "Alright. Parang mag da-dalawang linggo na nga na hindi kami nagpapansinan eh..." He sighed.

"Ganon rin naman kayo noon nung college pa siya ah? First year student siya ng anthropology and music? Tas ikaw nun third year ng business administration..." Iñigo pointed out as he poured himself a glass of whiskey.

Greggy chuckled and nodded, "It was worth noon naman."

"Mas pa ngayon! Subukan mo na nga lang... Walang mawawala sayo." Iñigo smirked at Greggy

"Oo na, oo na." He said defenseless and drank his whiskey full.

⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅

The following weeks were scenes of Greggy peeking through silently inside Irene's office and leaving a bunch of primroses, carnations, forget-me-nots, lilies, and roses.

Third month into their marriage and they were already on the rocks.

Irene paid no mind over that subject as she was too focused on a new project for her business. Greggy kept on trying but to no surprise, she was just oblivious.

"Sir, parang wala pa rin eh..." Kevin, an employee, sighed as he called Greggy for an update.

"Ah... Sige, it's okay... May ipapadala ako na pagkain for her, just leave it on her table." Greggy spoke on the other line.

"Sige po sir..." Kevin nodded slowly and sighed before ending the call.

Irene was seen walking out of her office with her handbag dangling on her arm. "Ma'am, may lakad po kayo?" He asked.

"Magsi-site viewing kami, may appointment ba ako?" She tilted her head at him, "Baka may nakalimutan akong inote..." She added.

Kevin looked at his board and smiled, "Wala naman po ma'am... Sige po, ingat po kayo..."

Irene nodded and smiled at him, "Thank you." She thanked and scurried away.

He sighed and fished out his phone again to update Greggy about it.

To: Sir GA // 11:33 A.M
Sir, may lakad po si Ma'am...
Hindi ko po mabigay yung ipapadala
niyo. Mag si-site viewing daw sila sa
bagong warehouse po.

From: Sir GA // 11:35 A.M
Oh? Alright. Thank you, Kevin.

Greggy sighed at his seat and leaned back to his chair. He placed his palm on his face and sighed deeply again.