seis

AFTER

You'd expect that living together in a secluded island where you only have your husband and a group of staffs waiting for any of your requests to be so relaxing.

But to Irene and Greggy?

It was hell.

Inferno.

Impyerno.

"Can you stop answering emails?" She irritatedly looked at him. "Bakit ba?" He retorted.

"Hello? It's supposed to be our two week-long honeymoon! Anong masasabi sa mga clients mo na you're still answering their emails while you're on your honeymoon? Akala ko ba nagfile ka ng leave?" She countered.

"I'm the boss. I don't need to file that." He sighed and then closed his laptop, "There. Fine. I won't touch my laptop until we go back home. Happy?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I'm just looking out for our reputation, okay?" She placed the plate on the sink. "Eh, kasi pag nageemail ka pa diyan, sabihin ng mga clients mo na why is he answering work related emails when he's on an island with his wife?" She went on and on.

Greggy took a deep breathe again and nodded, "I know... I know..."

Irene rolled her eyes and turned around to go the living room. "Lalabas talaga yang mga mata mo." He muttered under his breath as he took his laptop to his hands.

"Anong sabi mo?" She raised an eyebrow at him. "Wala." He answered and walked upstairs.

"Bwesit." She mumbled.

She proceeded to go to the living room and decided to turn on the television to watch something. She picked through dozens of movies and clicked Casablanca. Her favorite.

The movie started, she placed the remote control on the table and went to the kitchen pantry to grab some mushroom chips.

She went back to the living room as Greggy walked down stairs, their eyes met and it was her who broke the contact first to go to the couch. "Gusto mong manood?" She offered without looking.

"Ano yan?" He asked.

"Alin? Kinakain ko or yung movie na pinapanood ko?" She asked back. Greggy's lips formed into a straight line, "Both."

"Mushroom chips, sour cream flavored. Less sodium. And the movie... Casablanca." She answered his questions.

"Favorite mo?" He asked and she nodded. Greggy then went to the couch and sat on the same couch she was sitting. So, it was her on the right, him on the left, and the bag of mushroom chips between them.

"Anong movie to?" He asked as he reached out to take one chip. "Seriously?" She looked at him, wide-eyed. "Di mo pa to nakita?"

He shook his head, "Why would I ask if I already did?" He smirked. She just rolled her eyes at him, "It's a drama war film. Romance rin." She responded as she watched the TV.

"Hmm... Warm film na romance... Let me guess... A woman finds a man while her husband is serving sa war?" He leaned back on the couch.

"Yes and No." Irene quickly responded and laid her elbow at the back of the couch and placing her head on her palm. "Actually, akala niya na pa- Wait no, just watch na nga lang." She stopped herself before she could spoil the movie.

Greggy chuckled at her and nodded, "Okay, Missus."

"Missus ka diyan." She scoffed and shook her head as they watched the movie start.

There was really something in watching a black and white film. Maybe it was the transatlantic accent, the beauty of the actors on screen, or was it the glitz and glamour of Old Hollywood? Or maybe it was all of it?