dieciocho

Golden rays of the sun made its way behind the thick curtains of the Araneta bedroom. With Greggy snoring quietly and Irene just combing her wet hair, her cup on her desk, she glances at her husband from time to time.

She placed her comb on the container on her vanity desk, took the cup on her hand and stood up beside her husband.

She gently shook his arm, gradually increasing the pressure of shaking him until he wakes up from his deep, deep slumber.

"Good morning, mahal..." Irene sang, cup of sikwate on her hand. Greggy squinted his eyes as he adjusted with his vision.

He looks at her, smiled, reached out to her and pulled her closer gently. "Hello, mahal. Good morning..."

"You should get ready kasi fully booked tayo today. At ten in the morning we have to go to Phillip 'cause he needs my measurements, you din. And after, lunch tayo wherever you want..." She paused to breathe.

"And then... After that, I think at two pupunta tayo sa venue ng wedding and decide on scheme and theme and whatever that needs to be planned." She smiled as she finished telling him their agenda for today.

"Ang dami namang gagawin..." Greggy chuckled, "Pwede bang i-cancel na lang and let's just cuddle the whole day?" He flashes his smile to her which she rolled her eyes in response.

"As much as I'd like that, mahal... We have to do these things to get married." She reasoned out.

"Pwede naman tayong ikasal right here, right now... I have the rings." He wriggled his eyebrows, teasing her.

She turned around and began to sip on her drink, "I'm already ready to go kaya. I woke up on time, took a shower, prepped myself and you're gonna cancel? No. So get up na, mahal." She chuckled as she smirked at him.

Greggy let out small laugh before gathering himself to climb out of their bed, "Okay, okay, Missus." He slipped on his indoor slippers.

He took two strides to get to Irene's side, pulling her closer to him to his side. "Wait for me downstairs na lang, okay?" He leaned in to kiss her forehead.

"Okay, I'll be in the kitchen." She nodded with a smile.

They turned away from each other, Greggy going to the bathroom door and Irene to the other to go out. Before pulling the door, she looked at Greggy once more, "Dalian mo, I don't want to wait." She warned.

"Ang impatient talaga..." He chuckled, "Yes, ma'am!" Greggy saluted to his commander with a grin making Irene smile and roll her eyes.

Irene then went downstairs and unto the kitchen to check on the cookies she baked for her friend, Phillip. As she waited for Greggy, she munched on and dipped a spoonful of puto on her sikwate before taking it all to her mouth.

The oven beeped, signaling her that her cookies were already ready. She took the gloves to her hand, slipped one to each her hand, took the trays and placed it on her counter.

Gently and carefully getting each cookies to a box she prepared, she also placed some to a bowl for her and Greggy to try.

Once the box was kind of full, she closed it, tied a pretty salmon pink ribbon on it and smiled to herself. Taking the bowl of cookies from the counter, she placed it next to her plate of puto.

"Hmmm... Are those cookies?" She heard someone stepped into the kitchen.

Her eyes travelled and it laid on to Greggy's eyes, she smiled and waved at him to come near her. "You're already done?" She exclaimed in disbelief.

"Well, of course sabi mong dalian ko eh... I don't want my boss to be angry." He gave her a teasing smile.

"What kind of cookies are they?" He asked her as he fixed his polo. "Dark and Milk chocolate chip cookies, try mo nga if it's okay... Was planning to give it to Phillip kasi."