dos

85 days before...

"You're a genius, ate." Irene gasped at the headlines Imee presented. "Thank God you're my sister!" She exclaimed as she scrolled through dozens and dozens of articles.

Marcos and Araneta out in public.

Marcos-Araneta; Rivals to Allies?

Dearly, Detested or Dearly, Beloved?

What's the score between Ms. C and Mr. G?

"Ako lang 'to, Irene." Imee smirked, "How's the company?" She started the conversation to a much serious note.

Irene sighed, "It's not any better... But we're trying naman... Maybe after these articles pop everywhere, it'll have its effects na, it's too early to tell."

"Ready ka na sa gala?" The older one asked, "No... Not yet..." Irene frowned and shook her head slowly.

Imee scrunched her forehead in worry, "Bakit? Anong kulang?" She asked again, "I don't know what to wear." The younger one admitted.

"Nako! Pinoproblema mo yan ang dami mong kaibigang designer." Imee leaned to her chair, "Call ano... Phillip, sabihin mo rush..." She instructed.

"Eh, nahihiya kasi ako... Ang late ng notice ko, tapos ang daming nagpapagawa sa kaniya ngayon..." Irene nibbled on her bottom lip.

Imee looked at her sister and fished out her phone from her bag, "Ako na nga lang. Ano kaya talaga gagawin mo kung hindi mo'ko ate." She ranted as she dialed Phillip on her phone.

"Probably sulking in the corner." Irene chuckled. Imee placed her phone on her ear as she rang for Phillip's office phone.

"Hello, nandiyan ba si Phillip? Yes, yes this is Imee. Okay, Alright..." She paused, "Phillip! Dear... Makikisuyo ako... Yes, Irene... Nako the chismis is there na pala? Kaya nga, she wanted you sana to design her evening wear for the gala kaso nahihiya daw kasi ang short notice namin..." Imee looked at Irene.

Imee's face then brightened up as she listened to the other line, "Talaga? You can fit one more in your sched? Love talaga kita Phillip! Will let Irene know... Ah? Talaga? You're also making Greggy's barong?" Imee eyed Irene as she signed her to pick up a pen and paper.

"Alright, see you on the sixteenth... At what time nga?" Irene wrote down the date, "Okay at three in the afternoon... Okay... Sige, thank you so much Phillip. Ba-bye!" She ended the call and looked at Irene.

Irene grinned, "Thank you, Manang! The best ka talaga."

"Hay nako, talaga..." Imee chuckled and shook her head, "Oh ayun. Sa sixteen kayo magkita, that's like 2 days from now diba? Three in the afternoon, baka daw magkabangga kayo ni Greggy dun."

Irene groaned, "Again?"

"To make the story believable, noh." Imee countered. "Oh, sige na... I have to go and fetch Borgy from his dad." She stood up and Irene followed.

"Ingat ka, Manang. Tell Borgy I said hi..." They kissed cheek to cheek and Imee began to stride away from Irene's table and out of her office leaving Irene alone.

Irene went to her coffee machine and popped a pod, waited for it to brew. As she stared at how the coffee dripped on to her glass cup, her phone chimed. She took two long steps to reach for her phone.

From: +63 473 4674 662
Hello, Irene. This is Greggy,
I'll pick you up sa 16 mga 2:40,
okay lang ba?

Her eyes widened and the sound from the coffee maker made her startle. She tapped in her reply before taking her coffee and placing it on a saucer.