ocho

The few days after they arrived at their home [mansion, duh], everything was somewhat fine. Just as long as they don't bump to each other, everything is fine.

Contrary to other newly weds where they couldn't let go of each other, Honeymoon Phase, Irene and Greggy avoided each other. When one goes into the kitchen, the other one goes to the living room. When one goes inside the bathroom, one waits on their respective bedroom.

The maids were confused on why the set up was like this but they didn't want to impose and make chismis.

Irene hated it when he eats in the living room as there were so many crumbs on the couch and on the floor. She hated it when he leaves the TV on even when he goes upstairs. Sayang kuryente.

While Greggy hated it when she nags. All the damn time. He hated it when she notices almost the littlest thing he does.

"Greggy." Someone called out. "Greggy." It got much louder than before. "Greggy, ano ba."

"Are you watching TV or are you working on your laptop?" Irene, getting angry, stood in front of the TV on the living room, her hands on her hips.

Greggy's head shot up and looked at Irene, "I'm watching TV." He looked at her and closed his laptop, "I was just quickly responding to an email." He sighed.

She rolled her eyes and sat on the other end of the couch. Her eyes looked around the floor and to her surprise, her eyes met his.

"Hindi na ako kumakain dito." His lips formed a straight line.

She nodded, emotionless, "Good. That's good. Buti naman at natuto ka na." She crossed her arms.

"Pang apat na linggo pa lang natin to na magkasama... Pero parang apat na buwan na." He commented out of exasperation.

"Ikaw kasi." She mumbled.

"Anong ako? You're the one who alway- you know what? Wag na lang." He stopped himself.

She rolled her eyes and fixed her eyes on the television, "Wag na lang talaga kasi mag-aaway nanaman tayo." She commented, almost like a whisper to herself but still loud enough to let him hear it.

"God, I can't wait to get out of this marriage." He muttered under his breath.

Irene heard him, "Well, ako rin. Can't wait to get out of this hellhole." She muttered, looking at the television.

For starters, that's a good thing that they finally agreed on one thing rather than bickering on who's idea is much better. Or who's opinion is better than the other.

Their "relationship" was quite complicated as they don't refer to as friends, they bicker a lot like an old married couple, then they could tend to each other's needs.

But for the past few weeks even after their wedding, they only had two or three interactions that didn't lead to fits of fight.

She sighed and felt guilty, so she only stayed silent. What she was doing was just right as she didn't want the kasambahays to strain themselves.

His head was facing the television and focused on the show he was watching. She tried to focus on the screen but her conscience was screaming at her.

"Hey..." She looked at him. "Look... I'm sorry, okay. I'm sorry if I'm too sensitive." She sighed and waited for him to look at her.

And when he did, he sighed at her, "I'm sorry too." He apologized.

"It's just... I know we have the maids pero wag naman sana natin sila pagtrabahuin ng ilang oras pa after their off?" She breathed. "Let's do our part na rin, sa laking bahay mo ang daming dapat linisin tapos dadagdagan pa natin."