catorce

"Marilou..." She called. "Wag mo muna to sabihin sa kung sino."

Marilou looked at her boss worriedly and nodded, "Copy po, Ma'am..."

With that, Irene walked out, took her phone from the table. and went into her bed room. She had some pregnancy stick tests laying around her drawer since she bought a box of it for her sister in law, Liza.

She was whispering things to herself to keep her calm, "Here..." She mumbled and took the test, open the packaging and took one stick out.

She bit her lip in nervousness and went to the bathroom, making sure that both the doors were locked.

She placed droplets of urine to the stick and waited for a few minutes, sitting down on the lid of the toilet bowl as she watched the stick on the bathroom counter.

Her heart was beating fast. She was quite hopeful and didn't want to disappoint herself if it was...negative.

She looked at her watch and sighed, it was time to look at the results. And whether or not it's positive, no one would know but her and Marilou.

Her eyes poke through the lines and heaved a heavy sigh when a second faint red line was seen. "I'm pregnant..." She whispered.

Not knowing what to feel, she stared at the stick for a couple more minutes. Debating on her head if it was actually real or was she just dreaming. And then, tears started to flow out of her eyes.

"Buntis ako..." She looked down on her flat stomach and choked a smile. And then she thought of Greggy... How would she tell him?

She cleaned up her mess inside the bathroom and placed the stick test on the drawer of her nightstand and took a deep breath before tapping in to her phone.

She needs to contact him. She needs to call Greggy.

"Hello?"

"Greggy?" She spoke as soon as she heard the voice. "Irene? Hello? Bakit napatawag ka?"

"Kailangan tayo mag-usap..." She bit her nails.

"Mag-usap? Tungkol saan? Bakit? May problema ba? Nasaan ka?" Greggy bombarded her with questions.

"I'm fine... I just... Uhm... Kailangan lang talaga natin mag-usap... I have to tell you something..." Irene sat down on the edge of her bed and held her breath.

"Okay... Let's talk when I get home." He said.

She nodded slowly, "Okay... Okay... Bye..." She ended the call and stared at the floor, holding her phone on her hand.

⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅

Greggy knocks on Irene's bedroom, standing outside with his bag on his hand. Churning a deep breath, he watched as the door opened slowly.

"Hey..." He greeted her, "Come in..." She whispered softly and stood at the side to let him in.

He strides a few steps inside as Irene closed the door behind him, he took a look around her room and a smile appeared. The place has changed...

She had already gave it her personality, "So... Uhm..." He heard her stammer.

"Anong paguusapan natin?" He calmly spoke, standing straight on the corner, not wanting to invade any of her personal space.

Irene sighed, "I'm...I'm sorry..." She looked away.

Greggy's eyebrows met at the center and looked at her quite confused. "Sorry?"