Chapter 7

Alex woke up can could not breathe. He was gasping for air. Snake, Tamara and another person ran into the dining room and saw what was happening. Tamara grabbed Alex hand.

"What's wrong?" Snake asked. Alex looked at him with fear.

"Can't. Breath." Alex said in between gasps. Snake looked at where his ribs were broken.

"He has a collapsed lung." Snake said. He grabbed a needle that had a tube surround it. "This is going to hurt." Snake said. Tamara was still holding Alex's hand. Snake jabbed the thing into his right lung and pulled out the needle. Alex could breathe again. He took deep breaths.

"Thanks." He said to Snake. Snake nodded. Alex closed his eyes and took a few more breaths before opening them again. "Who's he?" Alex asked. The man got closer.

"Alpha. Leader of A-unit." He held out his hand to Alex. Alex shook his hand. "Heard a few things about you through your unit and just SAS in general."

"Thank you. I'm not proud of some of those things." Alex said. Alex started to get up. He sat up and the pain in his ribs hurt.

"Alex you shouldn't be getting up." Snake said. Alex got off the table and Tamara was by his side.

"I can't stay on the table the rest of the time. I need to get back to MI6 and give them a report." Alex walked forward and winced at the pain. "Tamara help me upstairs." She walked closer to Alex and put his good arm around his shoulder.

"Alex you really should rest." Tamara said.

"I don't need your input. I already get that from Snake." Alex said as they started walking upstairs. She took him to his room and he sat down on the bed with his phone in his hand. He was calling Tom.

"Hello." Tamara heard.

"Hey Tom. It's Alex." He said.

"OMG Alex. I have been worried about you. Some of the kids said that your house blew up and you have not been at school. Man it's so good to hear from you." Alex smiled.

"I'm fine. My house did blow up with my phone. I got a new one. Also MI6 sent me on a mission." He said.

"I thought you stopped working for them." Tom said a little worried.

"I did but they called that morning that I went missing and they wanted to talk to me. Forgot my phone and the house blew up with me outside the door." Alex said like it was no big deal.

"I guess you got more scars now. So they have not given us much homework the past few days." Tom said. There was a rustling sound. "Man I need to get some sleep. Call me in the morning."

"Fine. Stay safe." Alex hung up the phone. "Hand me my bag please." Tamara grabbed his backpack and handed it to Alex. He took out a fresh new shirt.

"Who's this Tom person?" Tamara asked.

"He's my best friend." Alex said pulling out shoes and socks.

"I thought spies don't have friends." She said. Alex got up not without a wince.

"Usually no but he has helped me a lot." He started to walk out of the room when Tamara stopped him.

"Where do you think your going?" She said.

"I need to get to London." He went past her. She grabbed his right arm.

"No. You need to rest." Alex got his hand out of her grip. She tried to kick him in the neck but Alex caught her leg and had her fall on the ground. She saw his eyes turn almost completely black. She swiped his legs from underneath him. He fell to the ground and was slow to get back up because of his injuries. She climbed on top of him. "You can't leave Alex."