Patricia P.O.V.

"You need help with that box baby, I don't want you to break in half." My granddaddy said.
"No worries granddaddy, this is nothing compared to lifting a person." I said walking past him.
"A person? When?" He asked.
"Remember I was a cheerleader." I said walking in my Mawmaw's house. I walked in my old room. Everything was where I left it. All my awards, cards. And pictures. I sat the box down and jumped on my bed. Dust flew in the air from the mattress. Ew. I got up and walked around the room. I looked through old pictures from cheering, school dances, and family pictures. I saw my only picture of my parents. I got a little teary-eyed. I miss and love them. I sometimes think about them when I'm losing hope or stressing. I also think about how life would be of they were still here. I looked at the clock and it read 4:00. August said 5:00. So I ran my shower and laid out a black crop top, my white shorts, and a pair of white converse to wear. I usually only wear crop tops for parties but I heard him say wear something sexy so, I decided to switch it up a little. I showered and did my daily hygiene cycle then brush my wet hair down. I put product on my curls so they'll stay in place. I put on my clothes and grabbed my keys.
"Where you going? To the strip club?" Patrick asked. I rolled my eyes.
"Could you act your age and not your shoe size?" I asked him.
"You haven't even been here 2 hours and your already leaving, don't you know I miss you?" He said leaning on my shoulder.
"Don't you know I'm grown now and can do whatever I want. Besides you just miss my cooking, get serious." I said pushing him off of me.
"Your right, can you pick me up some Chipotle on your way back?" He said smiling with his teeth. That reminded me that I need to get going.
"Bye Patrick." I said walking out.
"Please Pat. Come on." He said pleading to me on his knees. I pushed him away.
"I'll think about it." I said shutting the door. I walked to my car and heard my phone ring it was August. I smiled and answered.
P:Hello?
A:Hey, you forget about me?
P:What do you mean?
A:It's 4:49 , your not here
P:You said 5, your early mister.
A:I know, I'd thought you'd get here early.
P:Oh kayy well I'm on my way hold on to you seat.
A: for you I will.
P: Ha boy bye.
I hung up, hopped in my car, and drove to Chipotle.