Two Bandaids and an Eye Patch - Coco

Description: After the shootout with the VM at the lodge, EZ picks up Coco's girlfriend and brings her to the hospital.

I was sitting on the couch reading when someone started pounding on the door.

"For fucks sake," I mumbled to myself as I stood up. I saw the club van through the window and moved even faster to the door.

EZ, the prospect was yelling for me before I even got the lock opened.

"What's-?"

"Coco was hurt. Burned pretty bad and lost some eyesight. He's on the way to the hospital," he said as I turned and slid some sandals on. I grabbed my purse and locked back up, getting into the van with EZ. As he drove he told me Riz had been shot too and was in surgery.

When we got to the hospital Angel and Gilly were with Coco.

"Coco," I said, sighing a little as I saw he was going to be okay.

"I'm okay," he said.

"Doc said he lost 60% in his right eye and 20 in the left," Angel said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders in support.

"I ain't blind yet," Coco said, glaring at Angel for touching me.

"Mi amor," I said. "Relax."

"I may never ride again," he said as the doctor opened the door and came in.

He patched up Coco's wounds and explained everything to me before he brought discharge paperwork in to us.

"Two fuckin bandaids and an eye patch," Coco complained as Gilly pushed the wheelchair he was forced into by the doctors. We were headed to Riz's room since he was out of surgery now. Bishop intercepted us on the way. He talked to the guys about Coco's wounds for a minute.

He looked from Coco to me and back again. I knew that look. He needed me gone.

"There's a coffee shop next door. Who wants one?" I asked.

They all agreed except EZ. "I'll check with Taza and Creep too."

I headed to the room and they asked for some as well so I went next door to the coffee shop.

It didn't take long to have all six coffees ordered and paid for. I returned and handed them out before saying a prayer for Riz. I didn't know him well but he was one of Coco's brothers.

"Ay, (Y/N)," Coco said, drawing my attention back into the hallway from Riz's room. I walked over to him.

"You tell Letty?" He asked.

"No," I said. "She wasn't home. I can call-."

"No don't. She was with Gabi tonight." I nodded and he took my hand. "Take me home."

"Yeah, EZ," I said.

"Oh great the Boy Scout."

"You like him Coco," Angel said following us as we started out to the van.

Coco wasn't in the mood to like much of anything right now. Angel got him into the van and I sat next to him as EZ drove us home. Luckily Coco could walk well and still see sort of okay.

"He's gotta be at the clubhouse tomorrow," Angel said. He'd helped me get Coco into the house.

"I'll bring him by on my way to work," I said. Angel just nodded and went back out of the house. I locked up before grabbing Coco a beer and myself a hard lemonade and returning to our room.

Coco was laying in bed shirtless. I handed him the beer and he thanked me.

"You-."

"Don't give me the bullshit, querida," he said.

"I was gonna say you're hot as hell all roughed up but I'll keep it to myself," I said with a smirk.

"No you weren't," he said.

"I know you're worried you won't be able to ride but the doctors feel optimistic. I'll call tomorrow and get you into the specialist," I said.

"I can do it," he said.

"Okay then you do it," I rolled my eyes at him. "But you will get through this. Unless you keep being an ass to me. In which case you won't make it through the night."

"Understood," he said.

"Good." I leaned over and kissed him. He smirked and pulled me closer to him.

"If I'm gonna lose my sight I want your body to be the last thing I see," he said. I rolled my eyes a little and leaned in to kiss him again.