Chapter Eight: Escape.

----♾----

Previously:

How do I know this song? Why did it come to me?

I didn't realise the song was part of 'Underland', just makes me more curious of this place and who I am.

----♾----

I look up as I hear the door open slowly, I quickly hide behind one of Hatters fascinating hats until I realise it's just Alice walking in quietly holding something behind her back.

Hatter hasn't noticed her yet, he's too busy working. She places Hatters hat down on a chair; so that's what she was holding, she found his hat!

"Hi Alice," I whispered hoping she'd hear me, she did and smiled softly.

"They're wonderful," Alice said, looking at all the hats Hatter has made. "You must let me try one on," she told him.

"It is good to be working with muchness again," he said turning to her with a smile.

"It's just a pity you have to make them for her," Alice said, with a hint of sadness in her tone.

Hatter stopped all of a sudden. "What is a Hatter with... Hatter!" He whispered, mainly to himself I think; then he started walking angrily away from his table.

Then he knocked something off the table, causing me to jump. He started grunting and continued walking until his chain stopped him; which made him even more angry.

"Hatter!" Alice said, turning him to face her as she places her hands on either side of his face. I'm not jealous. I thought to myself watching the scene play out in-front of me.

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?" He asked. "I'm frightened Alice," he admits. "I don't like it in here, it's terribly crowded," he continued. "Have I gone mad?" He asked in a whisper.

Alice goes to check his temperature. "I'm afraid so," she told him. "You're entirely bonkers," she continued. "But I'll tell you a secret... all the best people are," they smiled at one another.

Alice let go of his face and picked up his hat. "Here," she said as she placed his hat on his head. "That's better, you look like yourself again."

"Hat man, where are my hats? I'm not a patient person," he heard big red yell from outside those doors.

"She keeps the Vorpal Sword hidden in the castle, the rabbit will help you," Hatter quickly told Alice. "Find it Alice, take it to the White Queen."

"We'll go to the White Queen together," Alice informed him.

"Why is it you're always too small, or too tall?" He asked.

They smiled at one another before Alice heads out.

"Good luck, Alice," I say as she gives me a nod and leaves.

It's like they have forgotten that I was even there with them.

"Come here, quickly," Hatter told me, he picked me up and pocketed me again; keeping me hidden.

----♾----

"No," I heard the Queen say.

"You look stunning in that hat," I heard one of her followers say.