Chapter Thirteen: Going Back.

----♾----

Previously:

"I'm going away," was all I said, giving nothing away.

"Away! Where?" Margaret asked, curiously.

"Anywhere. I'll travel, see the world," I answered unsure of what to say.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Mrs. Kingsley asked.

"Yes," I simply answered.

----♾----

Alice became an apprentice with Lord Ascots company; she's sailing to China.

I stand with Mrs. Kingsley and a few others by the 'Wonder', saying our 'goodbyes' to Alice before she aboards her fathers ship.

"Goodbye mother, I'll see you soon," she said hugging Mrs. Kingsley tightly.

"Bye Alice, do be safe... and write to me," her mother told her.

She then turns to me, and smiles while hugging me.

"I hope you find your way back... and be safe, I'll miss you," she whispered to me.

"I'll miss you too," I tell her, holding back tears.

She climbs aboard the ship and turns to us; she smiles and waves. I smile and wave back along with the others.

She then turns and walks to the front of the ship as it starts sailing away.

Alice is on her life's adventure now, it's time for me to find a way back to 'Underland', and start my own adventure.

----♾----

I'm in my room back at the Kingsley's home, looking around the old space. I grab a little bag; I won't be taking much, just some things to remind me of this place, the Kingsley's and Alice.

I grab some photographs, a necklace Alice gave me once for my Birthday... which I don't know the actual date; they just made it the day they found me.

I look around to see if there was anything else I was missing; and as if on cue, something came to my mind... I go to my bed and look under my pillow, to see a book there.

I've had this book for as long as I can remember; Alice gave it to me not too long after we met.

Flashback:

"Annalise," a soft voice said, it was Alice. "Do you like to read?" She asked.

"I've never read before... what's that?" I asked.

Alice presented a light blue hard covered book with a slightly darker blue ribbon tying around it.

"This is a book, called; possibilities. There are a few extra pages at the end for the reader to finish the story themselves. Here, you can have it," she explained handing me the book.

"Really?" I asked, she nodded. "Thank you."

End of Flashback.