Chapter Ten: This Is Who I Am.

----♾----

Previously:

"Someone would like to see you, Anna," Alice informs me as she enters the room. I nod and head out the way she just came.

"Absolem?" I asked, seeing a lot of smoke and the now small blue caterpillar. "I think... I think I know who I am!"

----♾----

"And. Who. Are. You?" He asked once again.

I take a deep breath.

"I am Annalise Saphira, daughter of the White Queen and Damon Saphira. I am the forgotten child. The one that got away. Found thee Alice; and her family. She lead me home; here, to 'Underland'. I am, Princess Annalise Saphira of Marmoreal, I'm from 'Underland'," I answered confidently.

Absolem let out a long sigh and said. "Finally. Welcome home your Majesty," he bowed.

----♾----

"We have to save Hatter," I said, not daring to take 'no' as an answer.

"We can't trust it," the Queen said.

"We have to try, please," I said. She still doesn't know that I know who she is to me.

She sighed.

"I'll go with you," Alice said.

"Alright fine, go. But I want everyone back here in one piece," my mother told us.

Alice and I hopped on the back of the Bandersnatch and headed to the Red Queens castle. Once we're there, we stay in the shadows, trying not to be seen as we make our way to the dungeons where they most likely kept Hatter.

Walking through the dark rusting dungeons we see other prisoners, including Bayards family; wife and pups. My heart broke for all of them. I spot a man in a dark corner looking down, not bothering to look up as our footsteps echoed. He looks, sad; beat up.

We spot Hatter by the end of the dungeon walkway. We kneel in front of his defeating form.

"Hatter," I say to gain his attention, he looks up slowly for a split second and then back down.

"You're supposed to be at the White Queens castle," he told us.

"We came to rescue you," Alice informed him.

"Again? There's no use, what happened last time?" He asked.

"I know, but we'll promise we'll get you out," I tried to reason.

No response.

But then appeared the smiling Cheshire cat, Chess.

"I've always admired that hat," he started.

"Hello Chess," Hatter greeted sadly.

"Since you won't be needing it anymore, would you consider giving it to me?" Chess asked hopeful, stroking the hat.

"How dare you," Hatter said grabbing the hat. "It's a formal execution I'd like to look my best you know."