Chapter Eleven: Not Dreaming.

----♾----

Previously:

I can't believe Alice still believes this is a dream! After all we've been through.

----♾----

"Who will step forth to be champion for the White Queen?" Asked the Rabbit.

Tarrant stepped forward immediately. "That would be I," he volunteered himself.

"You have very poor evaporating skills, I should be the one," Chess explained.

"I'll do it," Mally cut in.

"No, me," one twin said, raising a stick.

"No, me," the other said also raising a stick.

It was silent as the White Rabbit, again, unrolled the Oraculum; to see the image hasn't changed, still Alice slaying the jabberwocky.

"No other slayer, no how,"

"If it ain't Alice, it ain't dead," the twins commented.

It was silent for a moment.

"Alice, you cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours, because when you step out to face that creature... you will step out alone," my mother told her.

Alice started backing away, and then like she did at the engagement party; she ran away.

"I'll go after her," I said and before anyone could say anything, I ran off to find my best friend.

I soon see her sitting, talking... to herself?

I slowly approach her.

"Don't go. I need your help, I don't know what to do!" She says to someone.

"I can't help you if you don't know who you are, stupid girl," came the voice of Absolem; that's who she's talking to.

"I'm not stupid," Alice stated. "My name is Alice, I live in London. I have a mother named Helen and two sisters; Margaret and Annalise. My father was Charles Kingsley, he had a vision that stretched half way around the world and nothing ever stopped him. I'm his daughter. I'm Alice Kingsley," she told him firmly.

"Alice, at last," breathed Absolem. "You were just as dim witted the first time you were here, called it 'Wonderland' as I recall."

"Wonderland," Alice repeated, all of a sudden realisation crossed her features. "It wasn't a dream at all... but a memory, this place is real. And so are you, and so is the Hatter... and Anna, she's really here."

"And, the jabberwocky," Absolem reminded. "Remember, the Vorpal Sword always knows what it wants, all you have to do... is hold onto it."

"Farewell Alice, I shall see you... in another life," Absolem said as he disappeared in a cocoon.

Alice turned and saw me, I gave her a small smile.

"Anna, I'm so sorry. I should have believed you," she cried, hugging me.

"It's okay Alice, you, after all thought it was just a dream, stubborn girl," I reassured, hugging her back.

"It makes sense you know," she told me, I gave her a confused look. "That you're from here... no one has hair or eyes like yours... or style... or, perhaps taste in men," she laughed.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, trying to act oblivious.

"Oh come on Anna, I see the way you look at him," she told me and I blushed.

"Shhhh," I hushed her, causing her to chuckle even more.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." She apologised.

"On a more serious note," I started, gaining her attention. "What are you going to do?"

----♾----

Alice puts on the armour and grabs the Vorpal Sword.

"You look good," I said.

"Thanks," she replied. "Let's go."

We both hop on the back of the Bandersnatch and make our way quickly to the front of the White Queens army.

Everyone looks relieved and happy to see Alice ready for battle.

We soon make our way to a darkened place in the middle of nowhere. We stop on one side of a giant chess board and on the other stands the Red Queen and her followers.

The two Queens make their way to each other and meets in the middle.

Alice and I slide off the beast whom is not so beastie. She stands next to Tarrant and I decide to stand on the other side of him, and next to me stands my father; Damon.

"Hello Iracebeth," my mother greets her sister.

"Hello... Mirana," my aunt greets back, cooly.

The rabbit blows a horn. "On this, the Frabjous day, the Queens; Red and White, shall send forth their Champions to do battle, on their behalf."

"Irace, we don't have to fight," my mother tried.

"I know what you're doing... you think you can blink those pretty little eyes and I'll melt, just like mummy and daddy did," my aunt retorted.

"Please," my mother tried again holding her hand out.

"NO! IT IS MY CROWN, I'M THE ELDEST!" My aunt yelled, her face turning red. All this, because she wants the crown?

"JABBERWOCKY," the Red Queen yelled, summoning her beast. A lizard like dragon.

I grab Tarrants hand out of fear, he looks at me with a worried expression but tries to smile reassuringly as he holds my hand.

"This is impossible," I heard Alice mutter.

"Only if you believe it is," Tarrant told her.

All of a sudden, Charles words come back to me.

"Alice, do you remember what your father use to say?" I asked, she looks at me funny. "The only way to archive the impossible is to believe it is possible," I reminded her, she nods and sends me a small smile of gratitude.

"Sometimes, I believe as many as 7 impossible things before breakfast," Alice said, all of a sudden remembering our little game of 'name seven impossible things before breakfast'.

"That is an excellent practice," Tarrant pointed out.

"Where's your Champion, sister?" Big Red asked teasingly.

Alice walked up with more confidence she had. "Here."

"Hello, Um." The Red Queen sneered, now knowing it was Alice.

----♾----