Battle plans and a Party

Seth's POV:

"Rogues will attack us 3-5 days from now," Alex, the pack's beta, is mentioning the plan to all of us. It was an impromptu meeting on Wednesday night. I was sitting in the front row while listening to him about the impending attack. The battle plan was a very good one. He is really smart. We won't be the biggest and the best pack in the whole continent if not for him. "If you have any questions regarding the battle plan please approach Angie, she devised it," Alex finished his presentation.

Angie was behind the battle plan. I then looked at her, she was wearing a black tank top her 36B bust (I know her size, we grew up together!) was to die for, a hint of cleavage is seen. She was wearing her usual khaki cargo shorts that are really short for my standards. Her legs were long and she is wearing high cut chucks. Her usual style but she looks different know, her long hair was pulled high on a band although few hairs have escaped the hold of the band as it covers her eyes. Then I felt the other pack members checking her out.

"She looks hot today!"

"I hope I'm his mate!"

"I would definitely make that girl moan."

I growled with the last comment, everybody turned to look at me. My dad, the alpha, shouted "Enough side comments!"

"Boys...hush hush we are being attack here come on focus! You are acting like dogs!" Angie smirked.

My mate is really feisty, she is really good in handling comments like that. She grew up with the boys. But now, I would really rip off anybody who ever touched her. I looked at her as she explains confidently the battle plan. There were a few clarifications but knowing Angie, it is a fool-proof plan. Nobody questions her judgment. Those are just some of the reasons she deserves being beta.

My father stood beside me and put his hand on my shoulder then whispered. "Those are also the reasons she deserves to be the luna." I forgot to put my wall up.

My mate is my bestfriend. By Saturday she will know the truth and I still have no plan to win her. Tyrone was with us during the pack meeting. Why he was here is beyond my control. Dad is kinda like training him to be a good alpha. Well, we won't be the strongest pack in the entire continent without the leadership of my dad. He and his beta, Angie's dad, is a very perfect pair. They have been bestfriends eversince. They knew each other so well, that they now how to move together without even talking, which I believe is a real asset during wars and attacks. My dad is my mentor and inspiration, he is a very humble man, and power did not go up to his head even if we can conquer other small packs. I intend to follow his footsteps. I also wanted to be a great alpha just like him.

Angie's POV:

It's Friday. I am avoiding Ty and Seth. I'm helping my mom prepare for my birthday on Saturday. The pack meeting last Wednesday was something, Ty and Seth were there but I avoided eye contact. I let my dad discuss the battle plan, he is still the beta after all. Tomorrow I will be 16. I kind of waited for that moment to come but I have this gut feeling that I'm gonna regret it. Maybe it's the impending attack. Who's gonna be my mate? Will he like me?

I'm trying to help mom with my 16th birthday. Nikki's party was not this grand. It kinda look like a pack picnic, this made me feel guilty. Nikki is soon to be alpha female and her birthday celebration was not outrageously extravagant. My mom keeps on telling me that I am the only daughter of the strongest beta in the continent. This made me smile, infact, it made me proud. My dad is really the best beta any pack would ever have. The Bradfords, the alpha family, also knew it for a fact and that they extend same courtesy towards my family, they make all pack members to treat us as an equal to the alpha's family.