Right and Righteous

Angie's POV:

Days have passed. I've been avoiding everyone. Seth is busy with Nikki, I haven't really had the chance to talk to both of them. I just heard some gossip that Nikki is pregnant.

Oh well, I just felt bad for Seth's mate, if she is out there I guess coming out right now will not be a good thing for everyone.

I'm also avoiding Tyrone. What did he meant by what he said 'I didn't mean to kiss you.' So kissing me was wrong, but I thought he liked me, he even told me so or was that just my imagination.

Tomorrow is Nikki's 16th birthday. She's celebrating it with the whole pack. Everyone is busy, she's going to be the luna someday so I guess she deserves the attention.

A week from tomorrow is my birthday I'll be 16. If things come according to plan I'll be a beta after a month. My father will have to endorse other activities, he will still advise me and look after me but he will already let me join during attacks and wars. I have trained so hard for these.

This is what I'm meant to be.

I heard footsteps, that is weird. This is my secret sanctuary. Nobody knew about this place except for...

"Angie.." I looked back and saw Seth walking straight towards me.

"Hey best, long time no talk," I smiled.

"Yeah, I haven't seen you around lately. You rarely even sit still inside the classroom. I wanted to talk to you about...things."

"Ok. I have lots of things in my mind too."

"Like what?" he asked.

"My beta position, my 16th birthday, my mate, my kiss with Ty, my school grades, my training, my dad..."

"What do you mean kiss with Ty?" he asked cutting me off.

"Oh...the kiss shit I even blurted it out."

"So, are you dating Ty?" he asked me suspiciously.

"No. I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I kinda liked him, I mean he's the first guy who saw me as me, as a girl, not just one of the boys, as a girl!"

"But, you're a girl Angie, I mean you're smart, you're amazing."

"He told me that too. Then he kissed me then I kinda responded back and then when I pulled away to breath he said he was sorry and that he didn't mean to kiss me."

"He said that."

"Now, I'm lost I didn't even know if he's playing or whatever he meant by that, I ran away."

"He wants you to be his wife," Seth sighed heavily.

"Yah...I know he lost his mate in a rogue attack."

"How did you know about that?"

"My dad is Beta Seth. He kinda warned me about it."

"So, are you picking him over me, I mean the pack."

"I know the conditions, I know the consequences of my decisions, choosing Ty will strengthen the pack because it will form a bond among us remember that our territory is the whole North east continent. Although Ty's pack covers a little portion of the South, it can still help us against rogue wars and other impending pack attacks."

"Why do you always have to think about the pack, for once Angie can you just think about yourself."

"Seth, if I have a reason to stay here in the pack I would. But please, I'm also doing it for you. You will be the alpha soon, you need to form strong bonds with our allies."