Constellations

I snuck out of my common room and began my walk to the outskirts of the school. The castle was quiet and calm. It felt cold and empty with no witches or wizards swarming the halls. The torches burned bright, lighting a path for me to follow. I run my hand across the thick stone walls as I reach the doors out of the castle. Surprisingly, I didn't end up in any professor's path and stayed out of sight. I see the daisy patch and walk quietly over to it. Cedric looks up from his journal and waves to me.

"Hey y/n!" he said, dropping his journal and running up to give me a hug. He was warm even though the night was cold. It was a relief to be shielded from the chilly air.

"Hello, Cedric," I smiled. He grabbed my wrist and ran me into the patch of flowers. The sweet smell of daisies found its way to my nose.

"Do you like flowers, y/n? I really should've asked you about it before inviting you," he said, scratching his head. 

"I love flowers. Me, Hermione, and my mum used to plant them together. Daisies were actually what we always planted. They'd grow and grow and that smell I love would just fill the yard. It was amazing," I smiled. I layed down in the patch of daisies and the lovely smell surrounded me like a blanket. Cedric layed down next to me and stared at me.

"Used to? Why'd you stop?" Cedric asked inquisitively. I continued to stare at the stars.

"Well, my dad has been allergic to them since we started planting them and eventually we figured giving him a break would be the right thing to do," I said. He grabbed my hand and started staring at the sky. We layed there in silence for a while.

"Do you know what of these constellations mean? I've seen them all a million times but I never looked into them," Cedric said. I gave him a smirk.

"You have no idea what you've just done, Cedric Diggory."

~ Cedric's pov ~

Y/n began talking about constellations like nothing else mattered. She seemed to have such a deep knowledge and understanding of each of these, while I sat there in awe. I couldn't believe so much intelligence lied under so much beauty. It was like she could do anything, maybe even be a good person to take to the Yule Ball.

"And that's basically everything you need to know about that," she smiled and turned to me just as I turned to look at her. Our hands were still interlocked in between us, so I felt like our energy was connected. I stared into her eyes as they glowed under the bright moon. She looked at me the same way. I put my hand on her face and felt my heart start beating faster. She looked shocked and I got scared and pulled my hand back.

~ your pov ~

"You don't have to be nervous, Ced. I-I don't mind it," I blushed. He blushed as he picked his hand up and placed it back on my face. We both kind of froze in the moment and smiled at each other.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you- Well, do you- I don't know, maybe we- Oh my god never mind," Cedric stuttered. I couldn't tell what he was trying to say. It seemed like he wanted to ask a question, but it was hard to tell what he wanted.

"Whatever it is you can just ask Cedric," I said grabbing his hand. He looked down and seemed ready to spit out his question.

"Y/n, I was hoping you would go to the Yule Ball with me, as friends," he blurted the last part out. I could feel a tension growing between us.

"Why not as a couple?" I said, looking down at our hands.

"I'd love that, n/n, like a lot."