C8 Waking Up

In the span of the last days before the reawakening Eto had been keeping herself preoccupied and the rest of Aogiri tree preoccupied with gathering more and more intel with each attack they have done and with their amassing army they only grew with their boldness until they had what they needed and that was for the Quinx squad to be formally introduced with Haise as their leader which marked a new chapter for Eto's plan of co-existence.

But first she made her way to the residence of Dr Kanou to see if he was ready to be re awakened, entering the underground lab she could see the doctor with Zeke who was being quizzed and reacclimated into being back alive which he was confused about until he saw Eto who was standing behind a some lab equipment "E...ETO" Zeke shouted as he tried to hop off the work surface he woke up on but what ended up happening was he hit his feet on the ground and then he collapsed face first "remember Mr Bowen It will take some time for your body to be back the way it used to be" Kanou said while he was busy helping the other human up while Eto only stood there still in fear that this was a dream.

Once Zeke was put into a wheelchair he was wheeled over to a table with Eto sitting across from him "I will leave him in your care" Kanou said but before he could walk off the ghoul grabbed his arm "thank you" she said before letting him go and back to work while she went back to looking at Zeke "is it really you Eto" Zeke asked while looking around the place "I... I don't remember how we ended up here" Zeke said while trying to look around "it doesn't matter right now" Eto said while going in to give him a hug "you missed me that much?" Zeke asked confused "I have you idiot" she whispered back but she still hugged him tighter "do, do you want to do something" Zeke said while he was enjoying the hug "oh and what would this something be?" Eto replied while she bent down a little to look him in the eyes "we could go for some fresh air" Zeke said while he couldn't stop looking at her.

With the decision being made they both went back up to the surface to see the bright sky of Tokyo once again, together "so what is it that I have missed?" Zeke asked with suspicion "its been a long time Ze like 3 whole years long" Eto said with a sad tone "that didn't answer the question Eto" Zeke said "you died and became a martyr but with that we became more powerful but we lost Kaneki in the process" Eto explained "and your father?" Zeke asked while looking at her to see her smile "we worked out some of the issues we had" Eto confessed "well I'm glad to see that it wasn't a complete waste of time for you" Zeke said giving her a smile back "has it been hard for you" Zeke asked while trying to raise his hand to her "it has been but this day, it has kept me sane and stable enough to keep on track" Eto said as she moved Zeke's hand for him.

Taking the man back home he could see the mess that their apartment was in "and you said you were still sane" Zeke said a little annoyed "it was a tough couple of years" Eto said while trying to act cute to him "I don't care if it was tough you was like this before I died" Zeke said which Eto started to cry a little "I'm sorry" she said while rocking him back and forth in the wheelchair "it's fine hun" Zeke said a little deflated.

In the coming days Eto had been helping Zeke with getting his Limbs to work again which she managed to get his arms to be able to move and his legs but he still couldn't stand properly but that still didnt stop them from getting him back on track with Eto helping him back into his Plague Doctor outfit she put him into his old car "you found it?" Zeke said confused "no some of the survivors you sent away, they retrieved it" Eto explained with a sombre look in her eyes "well I am happy they survived" Zeke said happily as he tried to get into the car but he couldn't "uhm Eto could you help me" Zeke said but she gave him a smile "what's the magic word Ze" she said with an air of smugness rising "fuck sake, can you help me into the car PLEASE" Zeke said with even more annoyance "oh I am going to love this" Eto said before she started helping him into the car and with that out of the way she packed the wheelchair away and then they were off to the new Aogiri tree HQ.

Making it there Eto quickly got Zeke out and she happily wheeled him around the base to show that the Good Doctor lived once again but other than that it was to give Zeke the grand tour of the new base.

Entering the new command room he could see the surprised faces of Tatara, Ayata and the girl from the book signing "oh well its good to see you all again" Zeke said with a small wave as he once again tried to get back up but once again it was useless so he wheeled himself closer to the group "holy shit your actually alive" Ayata said while reaching for Zeke's mask but just as quickly Zeke's hand had gripped onto Ayata's "please don't" Zeke simply said while hiding his happiness that he could now move that hand some more.

With everyone catching back up it was finally time for Zeke to introduce himself to the youngest member "well Hinami it is a surprise to see you here" Zeke said while he was stretching his hands out a little "as it is to see you alive again" Hinami said with a bit of bitterness showing "oh well what is this reason for the hostility?" Zeke asked confused "your cult" Hinami simply said "and what about them" Zeke said which surprised Hinami and made Eto giggle "you told me it wasn't a cult" Hinami shouted at the green haired girl who let her "oh did I, my bad" she said while still giggling.

After Hinami ended up saying that she was sorry for the bad introduction she explained why she was actually helping Aogiri tree "so your only doing this for that Kaneki kid" Zeke summarized "yes but I can actually say that I can see what you are all trying to do with uniting ghouls and humans together" Hinami said with her sitting in front of the plague doctor "can I ask you a question" Hinami asked "sure little one" Zeke said now looking directly at her.

"What was it like to die" she asked sheepishly "well young one it was painful at first but after it was peaceful and quiet" Zeke said now looking at his hands "and after that I could remember every moment of my life that had happend along with re living the memories that I wanted to" Zeke told her which he could see that she had a smile forming on her face along with some tear falling "I am glad to here that" she said before she made her way behind the man and she started pushing him back towards the others who were busy discussing what is to come next

1294 words