Chapter 6

Jennie's not really that surprised when she finds Lisa's door unlocked when she drops by after another tiring day of work.

She's used to it by now – even though she'll probably never understand how someone can have so much trust in the world. Or maybe it's just so that Jennie can come by whenever she wants. At least that's what Lisa had told her. Something within Jennie told her though that Lisa hadn't locked her door even before they met a few weeks ago.

Still Jennie was brought up well and she knocks before entering, even though Lisa most likely wouldn't mind if she just barged in like she owned the place.

"Hello?", Jennie calls out. She doesn't get a response, but she can hear the shower running and smiles to herself and maybe – just maybe – wishes that she could steal a glance, but then again, that would presumably be the death of her and she intended to live a little longer.

So, Jennie moves to the living room area in order to find some distraction. She even is comfortable enough to plop down at the kitchen island and pour herself a glass of water – with her mouth suddenly somewhat dry.

She toys around with the petals of some white roses absent mindedly - a whole ass bouquet standing in a vase in front of her - and Jennie only really pays attention to them when a tiny little note attached to them catches her eyes. She can't even stop her eyes from flying over the words – it just happens, and somehow the big letters spelling 'I LOVE YOU SO MUCH BBY' make her breath catch in her throat. She's pretty sure her heartbeat speeds up a notch. It's not like she doesn't trust Lisa – but... the thing with trust is, that Jennie has made some bad memories with it and it wasn't always that easy to just shake it off. She wasn't Taylor Swift after all.
But Jennie was confident, that Lisa could explain everything after she was done showering and--.

"Umm, hi?"

Jennie's head flips around, and she's not met with the sight she was expecting. Like, not at all. The blood in her veins is rushing to her head and she almost feels dizzy.

"Who are you?"

Jennie would laugh if she wasn't frozen to the spot because – she could ask the same, honestly.
Standing before her wasn't Lisa, but some other girl – only dressed in a bath towel, revealing way too much. Her long blond, wet hair was falling over her shoulders – leaving droplets of water on the floor.
She looks like she just stepped out of a commercial and Jennie can feel her stomach drop the second she realizes that Lisa's shower was still running.

What the fuck?

"I'm...", she stutters but isn't able to finish the sentence – there's absolutely no salvia in her mouth anymore and Jennie's aware that she looks like a freak right now. But her thoughts are running wild and she feels hot and cold and confused and angry and sad and all sorts of emotions.

She gets up so fast that she almost knocks over the bouquet of roses – catching them at the last second with trembling hands.

The other girl takes a step forward as a reaction - a frown appearing on her face when she realizes Jennie's upset state.

"I'm... I'm sorry.", Jennie stammers. To the flowers or to the girl or to herself – she's not quite sure but she feels the need to flee this scene as fast as possible.

Her vis-à-vis looks as bewildered as Jennie feels.

"Were you... were you looking for Lisa, 'cause she's still..."
She points backwards and Jennie can put two and two together easily. Yeah. Fucking great.

"No, I'm... I just wanted to borrow some... some sugar for my... cake."
What a great lie. She almost believes herself. Dumbass. She should just go. Run and never come back. This was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened in her life.