Chapter 9

Jennie steps out of her shower and quickly grabs her towel, wrapping it around her body to shield her from the cold.
She loves her appartement – that is out of question – but the one thing she always wished for was a heater in her bathroom. She liked showering hot and hated being cold again only seconds later.
That was also why she preferred showering at Lisa's – though the girl's electronic heating machine wasn't the only reason.
She gets dressed in a hast – glad about the warm wool socks her mother got her as a Christmas present last year. She's mid putting on an oversized yellow hoodie she stole from Lisa last night, when she hears a strange noise coming from her kitchen.

Jennie freezes in her spot – her heartrate quickening when the noises get louder.
This was it. She was going to get murdered by a burglar, like she always dreamed about.
She presses her ear against the bathroom door and listens – careful to not breathe too loud, or at all. She tries remembering if she locked the main door, but her mind draws a blank. She was talking to Lisa on the phone when she came back from work and the only thing Jennie remembered clearly, was the soft laugh of the girl on the other end of the call when she had told her that she missed her apartment and therefore would spend the night at hers.

She loses track of her thoughts when she hears another noise that sounds a lot like someone operating with cooking pots, which only makes the frown on her bare face grow wider. Why would someone break into her home and then casually start going through her kitchen?
Out of instinct, Jennie reaches for her Chanel perfume – since she doesn't own a pepper spray, this would have to do.
She pulls open the door as quietly as she can and sneaks through the corridor like an animal on the hunt – her heart in her throat and her "weapon" in a tight grip.

When she leaps around the corner and into the kitchen, she can't stop herself from screaming out "Hands up or..." - the words getting stuck in the back of her throat.

"Or what? You gonna shoot me with Chanel No. 5?"

"Oh my God.", Jennie breathes. "What are you doing in my apartment?"

"Your apartment? Wait.... this isn't apartment 34? My bad. Must've mixed up the doors or something."

Jennie shakes her head and lowers the perfume bottle onto the kitchen counter before putting her hand theatrically over her chest – faking a heart attack. The smile on her face betraying her though.

"You're so funny.", she grins – moving closer towards the intruder and wrapping her arms around the girl's waist.

"So I've been told.", Lisa replies with a smug look on her face – her busy hands leaving the pans to rub Jennie's arms tenderly.

"You scared me a little. How did you get in?"

The smile on Lisa's face doesn't vanish, but she tenses up a smidgen and Jennie is quick to shake her head – reassuring her that she's okay.

"I'm sorry.", the Thai girl says nonetheless – placing a soft kiss onto Jennie's forehead. "I didn't mean to. Your door was unlocked, so I thought I would surprise you and you know..." She nods towards the hotplates. "Start making us some dinner. And before you say anything – I know we didn't make plans or anything for tonight, and if you wanna be by yourself that's totally okay, but I just... I missed you all day and I just wanted to--."
Jennie cuts her off mid-sentence by putting her lips onto hers and pulling her in until every part of her is touching the other girl. She hopes Lisa gets that she could never get enough of her. Her lips, her warmth, her presence, her everything.

When they separate again, there's a faint blush on Lisa's cheeks that makes her look like a lovestruck teenage-boy and Jennie can't help but smile at that endearing sight.
Lisa seems to read Jennie's thoughts once again, as she puts one hand over her own face and mumbles "Don't... It's embarrassing.".

"It's not. It's cute."

"But I'm not cute. I'm the cool one, remember?"

Jennie laughs and pats Lisa's stomach.

"Since when are you the cool one?"

"Uhm, hello? Since always? I'm Lalisa the cool one Manoban."

"Well, Miss I'm-the-cool-one, I hate to break it to you, but I think your coolness is fading a little bit."

Lisa straightens her back, as if to regain some composure but Jennie follows her moves and squeezes her sides – making the Thai girls eyes flutter for a second, lost in the touch.

"Yeah, just see what you did there."

"Are you telling me, that it's my fault?"

"Well obviously. Must be your cuteness rubbing off on me.", Lisa shrugs.

"I'm not cute.", Jennie whines in response – earning a laugh from the other girl who pokes her cheeks repeatedly.

"Sure you're not, dumpling.", Lisa grins – reaching for the fabric ribbons of Jennie's sweater and pulling on them slightly. "Nice hoodie by the way. Totally not cute at all that you're wearing my clothes."

Her grin widens when Jennie rolls her eyes and she pulls at the pullover some more, until their faces are only inches apart again.

"Yellow suits you, you know.", Lisa whispers against Jennie's mouth.

"You know what suits me even better?", the shorter girl asks while closing her eyes at their close proximity.

"You."