Chapter 12: Lying Is Your Favourite Passion

Song for this chapter: Situations- Escape The Fate

Sky's POV

Alex and I sat on the couch, all cuddled up together with a blanket draped over us. We've been like this since we found out about it last night. He had a tight grip on me and he didn't seem to want to let go. I didn't want him to let go.

"Sky?" Chris asked softly.

I stayed staring into space; I didn't want to speak to anyone at the moment.

"Sky please?" Chris begged.

I lifted my eyes to look at him, but still said nothing.

Chris sighed knowing that's the best he's going to get. "I have Chief Wiggum on the phone and he was wondering if you wanted to speak about this or if you wanted me to take care of it?"

I shook my head slightly as if to signal that I didn't want to speak to him.

"Yes I have spoken to her sir... No she asked for me to take care of this for her..." He walked into the back room and left Alex and I.

I sniffled and Alex looked over at me. He raised his eyebrow as if to ask what was wrong and I shook my head, but the tears filling my eyes told a different story.

"Come here," He smiled and held me closely as I cried. Alex is trying to stay strong for me, but I don't need him to; while it's a nice thought, they were his parents too and I don't want to keep him from letting it all out.

"I miss them so much," I sobbed into his shirt.

"I know Sky, I know, I do too," He sighed.

"Sky?" Jack asked awkwardly.

I looked up at him and as our eyes met I felt like he was staring into my soul.

"Chris asked me to tell you what happened with the policeman." I stayed silent so he took that as his cue to continue. "They want you to fly back tomorrow and identify the body's, or what's left of them." He said the last part quietly.

"What do you mean what's left?" Alex whispered.

"It was a brutal thing Alex," Jack said softly.

He nodded, too shocked for words.

"Don't you think it's a bit quick?" I asked. "I mean we did just find out yesterday and they already want us to identify the bodies? They won't even have time to fix up the crime scene so there isn't blood and gore everywhere!" This was the first time I'd spoken today and let's say I was outraged.

"That's the point," Jack said softly, "They want you to see what happened so that you're dead set on being serious with them and finding whoever it is that did this."

"That's messed up," Ricky commented from his place at the kitchen table. He'd been sitting there in silence as if to respect us, but to let me know that as my best friend he's still there.

"I know, but it's how they do things," Jack sighed.

I stood up.

"Where are you going?" Alex asked as if he needed my comfort.

"I need to rest if I have to do this tomorrow."

"Rest here, I'll protect you," he vowed.

I stood for a moment contemplating then nodded and cuddled back into him. I want to believe that Alex will protect me, I need to believe Alex will protect me. Alex is all I have left and I need him to protect me while I protect him.

-

"You sure you don't want us to come?" Ricky asked.

I shook my head. "This is something we have to do alone."