Chapter 17: He Had A Plan To Kill You All Along

Song for this chapter: When I Go Out I Want To Go Out On A Chariot Of Fire- Escape The Fate

Skylar's POV

"So how long do we have to be in Scranton?" Alex asked.

"Until this person is arrested or dead," I shrugged.

"We'll make it through," Jack whispered and kissed my temple.

I sighed heavily through my nose and shook my head. "I'll show you my room," I murmured and grabbed my bag and trudged up the stairs, Jack following closely behind me.

I opened the door and smiled slightly as I looked around the familiar surroundings. My room has dark purple walls, a black carpet, a king size bed in the centre with black sheets and purple pillows, a black vanity with a purple chair and a purple bookshelf in the corner. There are three doors in my room: the black one with purple, diagonal lines is the wardrobe, the purple one with black swirls is the bathroom and the purple one with the black paint splatters is the entry door. The walls are plastered with posters from bands like My Chemical Romance to bands like Suicide Silence- I have a wide range of music taste.

"You can put your clothes in there," I nodded over to the wardrobe.

"Thanks," Jack smiled and started unpacking. I fell backwards on the bed and lay spread eagle. A few moments later I felt the bed dip beside me. I turned to see Jack lying next to me with a lazy smile on his face. "I need to ask you a question?" He said nervously.

"What's that?" I asked.

He sat up and pulled me up with him. He sat cross legged across from me and held my hands nervously in his. "Skylar?"

"Jack?" I giggled.

"I know I said we can make it through this, and I believe we can, but I'm just so terrified that we can't because someone is out to get you and there's no secret in that and I don't want to lose you. You see I always had one dream when it came to you, the top thing on my bucket list to be honest. Now I know we haven't been going out long, but I don't know how much longer I'll have with you and while I'll do everything in my power to keep people from hurting you there's a possibility that either one of us could die during this fight so I ask you now, as one final wish, Skylar Rachel Gaskarth will you allow me to cherish you for as long as I can have you for whether that's a week or years, I will take care of you and protect you at all costs, I'll be yours and you'll be mine. Will you allow me to be the become the happiest man on Earth by changing the only thing I've ever wanted you to change: your last name? Will you do me the honour of becoming Skylar Rachel Barakat and being my wife? Marry me?"

I put my hand over my mouth to stifle a sob as tears ran down my face and I nodded quickly. "Okay," I whispered.

A large smile broke out on Jack's face as he pulled me into a tight hug. "I love you so much," He whispered.

"I love you too," I whispered back and grabbed his face in my hands, pulling it towards my face until our lips met.

"When are we gonna do it?" He asked against my lips.

"Now? I don't want it to be big or fancy I just want it to be our friends and I want it to be us forever."

"Okay," He smiled, "Let's go get married."

--

"Are you ready?" Ricky asked.

"No," I laughed. We're in the back room of the small wedding chapel and I'm about to be walked down the aisle by Ricky.

"I can't believe you're getting married," Ricky sighed.

"Neither can I," I agreed. "It's all so fast."