Kabanata 20

Kelly

"That fast?" Napaahon ako sa pagkakahiga.

Tumango siya ng isang beses at ngumisi. He looked so thrilled with the idea. "Uh-uh."

I looked at him, a bit hesitant.

"Hindi pa ako nakakapagpaalam, Zeus," nag-aalala kong saad.

He only chuckled like he's amused. Humakbang siya papunta sa akin sa kama. He sat beside me and gaze at me with his usual weary dark eyes. "Silly, I already asked Tito Roland and Tita Cherry. You don't have to worry because they allow me to take you."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko at napaawang ang labi.

"H-huh?... Really? T-they said yes?" I asked, surprised.

I mean this will be the first time of me, flying to other place without them so I just thought that maybe they won't allow me because perhaps they're worried... about me?

"Yup. Kaya huwag ka nang mag-aalala. Sinabi ko sa kanila na dadalhin kita sa Palawan dahil may gagawin ako. And they agreed immediately and didn't ask further." He watched me with his adoring eyes.

Humiga siya sa kama ko tsaka niya ako hinigit para mahiga rin. His large biceps is my pillow. Ang kaliwang braso niya naman ay agad na pumalupot sa bewang ko. Tiningala ko siya ng kunti at nagkatitigan kami.

His expressive dark eyes are full of raw emotions as he stares at me. Hindi mapigilan ng puso kong tumalon at magwala. I felt him tightened the hug and the butterflies in me are getting wild. Ipinatong ko iyong kanang kamay ko sa malapad at matigas na dibdib niya habang nakatingala sa kanya.

"Ano pala ang gagawin mo doon?" tanong ko.

He chuckled again with his deep voice like he's amused of what I said. Kinunotan ko siya ng noo at napanguso dahil kanina pa siyang parang aliw na aliw sa akin.

He pursed his lips. "That's just an excuse, baby. Truth is... I just wanna spend time with you alone. Without us being scared of getting caught. I want to spend time with you freely. Kiss you...hug you.. and hold hands with you anytime and anywhere," he explained with his very soft and sweet tone.

His lips formed into a sweet smile, genuine one. Hindi naman mapigil ang puso ko sa lakas ng pagtibok nito. I never thought a guy like him could ever make me feel like this. I stretched my lips for a smile but contrary to what he feels when I realized something.

"Nahihirapan ka ba sa lagay natin?" malungkot na tanong ko.

Hearing the reason why he wants us to have a vacation far from here, made me realize something. Nahihirapan siya sa lagay namin. But I still asked him to confirm it.

Nakita kong natigilan siya at tinitigan ako nang puno ng adorasyon gamit ang mapupungay niyang mga mata. His arm that hugged me loosened and he brought his hands to my cheeks to caressed it softly. I felt his callus hands against my soft skin.

He smiled at me, an assuring one.

"You don't have to worry because I completely understand our situation. Bawal nilang malaman dahil natatakot kang masisira ang pagkakaibigan nating lahat. And that Oddysey likes me too and it's still complicated right now. I completely understand it, Kelly. You don't have to feel guilty or worry about me... about us. I will always understand and adjust for you," he said with full of sincerity.

Ngumuso ako. Although he didn't directly confirm it, I still got it. Bahagyang sumakit ang dibdib sa nalaman. Totoong nahihirapan nga siya, but he claimed he understands our situation. Still, I felt bad for him for feeling that way.

"Not all the time you have to adjust for us. I need to also consider your feelings and your comfort. It's a give and take for the both of us. But I can't give you yet what you wanted right now because we both know our situation. Thank you for understanding me, Zeus. We need to buy more time before we tell them." I gave him a peck on his lips after.