Kabanata 27

Kelly

"Ngayon na ba ang birthday ni Oddysey? I didn't know," biglang tanong ni Mommy pagkapasok ko. Papalabas na rin ata siya dahil suot na niya ang isang monochrome blazer and pants with a dior bag on her hand.

Her go-to outfit when she work. Mommy looked so classy with her straight hair hanging on her back and some small hoop earrings and more jewelries. She's a fashionista that's why.

I nodded as I faced mommy. Galing ako sa labas, kinuha ang parcel ko. "Yup! We are invited but I know how busy you are, so I didn't tell you nalang mommy," I said and smiled.

She chuckled as she raised her brows and shrugged. "Well... yeah. You're right. But still... I could have get her some gifts. Just greet her for me and tell her my birthday present for her is late. Alright?" ani mommy at ngumiti. "I'll get going, then. Enjoy!" at lumabas na siya.

I blinked couple of times as I pursed my lips. I was statued and quite taken abacked of what mommy asked me. Talking to her is inevitable after all.

I nodded as I bit my lower lip. Tumango pa rin ako kahit wala na si mommy at hindi na niya nakita. Nanatili lamang ako sa aking kinatatayuan kanina nang mapaisip ako.

Greet her... I don't even know how I should talk to her with our state right now. Hindi ko rin alam paano ko siya pakitutunguhan.

Pero... nevermind, I'll just try to be civil with her and I'll wish her a happy birthday. Right. Ganon nga. Oh, I just hope she won't treat me bad.

Nagbuntong-hininga ako.

Mamayang alas-sais pa ang simula ng debut party niya. It's still 10AM in the morning so I have plenty of time to just relax a bit for today.

I went to my room and open the parcel that I got. I was relieved when it arrived. Akala ko mala-late pa ang gift ko kay Oddysey. I ordered a bangle for her because back when Zeus and I look for something to gift her in the mall, nothing caught my eyes.

Kaya nagdesisyon akong mag-order nalang dahil may oras pa naman. I ordered it in one of the famous local jewelry shops. I'm glad that the shipping was fast.

I smiled as I looked at it. Kahit hindi kami magkabati ni Oddysey, I don't hold hard feelings towards her. We've been friends for how many years and I find it very petty if our friendship end just like that.

Kaya ngayong gabi, I planned to reconcile with her. Although, in the first place I did nothing wrong to her except for the fact that I set her up with Zeus before, I will still lower my pride and try to apologize to her. Kahit wala naman talaga akong dapat i-apologize.

For our friendship.

Nilagay ko na sa isang maliit na paper bag ang gift ko. And as I fix the paper bag, I felt my phone vibrated sa vanity table ko. Nakaupo kasi ako sa vanity ko ngayon habang inaayos ang gift.

Dinungaw ko ang cellphone ko at halos malaglag ang panga ko sa nakita. My eyes widened a fraction with my lips parted in surprise. My chest pounded... not because of the feeling I used to have, but because of surprise.

It's been a while.

France:

Hey, Kelly! How are you? :)

I was stunned as I looked at my phone. Contemplating on what I should do. Ever since our last encounter, I never heard from him. Sinunod niya talaga ang sinabi ko na huwag muna niya akong kausapin habang nagmo-move on ako... kahit wala naman talagang kami.

Thinking about that very moment kind of made me cringe but I knew how deeply hurt I was that time.

I drew a deep breath. Kinuha ko ang cellphone ko at in-unlock. Hindi ko alam kung rereplyan ko ba siya o hindi. I mean... I have moved on and I don't feel anything for him anymore. But still...