Prologue

I had just come home from school; I saw my big brother talking to my fiancée; they spoke of one of his fable killing sprees. My parents think they know the best, so they arranged the whole marriage because his family is somewhat a rival instead of fighting with them.

My parents thought it wise to marry into the family. On the day we were all organised for him to marry my big sister, when it came to the day, Jake (his name, by the way) turned it down. His family and mine were appalled. That was when then they asked him why he said no.

He smiled and turned to face me, then pointed at thirteen years old me and said,

"I agreed to marry into your family only if I get to marry her" I was appalled at having to marry he was 5 years my senior. He moved to me wrapped his right arm around my back then pulled me so I was right next to him. I looked up at his face while he looked at his parents and said, "That is what I want." Just like that my parents agreed without even batting an eye, so now they have to wait until I'm sixteen when I can marry him with my parent's permission. They are leaving me no choice, every time I voice my opinion my father and mother just droned on about how this is important for them but most importantly the company. I shake my head I didn't want to see him today in fact I never wanted to see him. My sister absolutely hates me now all because of him.

He turned to the door as I opened it; he jumped up and walked over to me. He put his arm on my shoulder and said

"How was school kiddo?", (that is his nickname for me), I shrugged trying to shake him off. Just because I have to marry him doesn't mean I have to be nice to him.

He took my bag off and pulled me to our big red couch it was soft I believe the salesperson said it was like sitting on the clouds, my family calls it our love seat because that is where they could usually find us. I sigh as he tried to pull me into a kiss, I frown I didn't need this I had homework to do

So, I got up and went over to the study and picked up a small desk. I placed it in front of the couch so I could do my homework. I was trying to ignore him, by doing my schoolwork. However, he wasn't having, any of that he closed my book and rolled on top of me. "You've been doing that all day, now you come home just to do more. Now put that way let's have some fun."

I pushed him off; I opened my book, and out of the corners of my eyes I saw him pout "Come on I'm your fiancée can't keep yourself from me forever."

"I'll say that; I'm doing a pretty good job of that so far" I smiled he hates when I refuse to pay attention to him. I heard him get up and leave so when I hear the door open again. I was expecting it to be, my mother or father telling me to be nice to him.

However, when I looked up and saw my history teacher.

What the hell?

Why is my history teacher in my house?

"Mr. Barnaby, what are you doing here?" I exclaimed as he looked at me and smiled,

"I've found her" he yelled as he pounced at me. He then smashed my head on the desk. "You were always such a good student, are you doing your assignment already?" he said as he slammed my head against the workbooks.

Dame it, he was strong I tried to sit back up, what is going on here?

He tilted my head to the right he leaned in close to my neck. I heard him sniff, did he just smell me?

Then I felt a familiar tingling sensation run down the back of my neck. This is one of my warning signs, this one, in particular, tells me that I am close to a vampire. How had I missed it? in all those classes that I had with him how could I miss having this? I heard