Bucky's lost lover

'Wait I recognize you' zemo said after a moment of starring. 'You were with the iron man. Back before...' before he was taken prisoner after his failed attempts to ruin the avengers lives.

'Yep. I owed tony a favor.'

Bucky just starred remembering the moment. The fight.

'You let me and steve get away, zapped T'challa, but then you kicked my ass anyway.' Bucky remarked and kitty smiled at him sweetly.

flashback

'Kitten?" bucky questioned watching kitty march up behind tony. 'what are you doing?'

'yeah wrong side sweetheart.' Steve added tipping his head, silently begging her to join them.

'I am right where I need to be, sweetheart.' She replied and buckys face dropped. He hadn't been dating her all that long, she had been tracking him for steve after the whole winter solider went rogue situation but when she found him buying plums at a market she couldn't bring him back. He looked so happy. So content. And she fell for him. She told steve she was still looking, following leads and bouncing her signals off of towers around the world but steve was getting antsy. But bucky didn't want to see steve. He didn't remember the steve he supposedly once knew. But this girl, he liked her. she didn't judge him even though she knew about his past, she recognized him and he her. but she didn't make him feel guilty for what he had done. She made him laugh and they spent many long nights starring at the stars talking about what the other wanted from the future. But everything went to hell when steve found bucky. Kitty felt awful lying to steve but she had fallen for buccky and bucky didn't want to be found. So she tried to get him out. She tried to save him from what his past self, what his brainwashed self had done but it didn't work. He was captured. And a man turned him back into the winter solider. The man that threw her down a flight of stairs was no longer her bucky, the man she had grown to love but a complete stranger.

So when tony said steve was trying to escape with Barnes kitty knew she had to help stop him. That whatever was in his mind, seeing as it could still be accessed... bucky needed to be stopped. But seeing him at the airport, he looked different he looked like the old him, not the dead inside man she saw at the compound.

"hey kitten,' he purred and she punched him square in the face. He stumbled back and hawkeye took over, holding her to ground while bucky got away with steve. But kitty had borrowed a few of nats black widow toys and easily got clint off of her. she ran towards the hanger seeing a shortcut ready to stop them. Ready to help tony, her best friend but seeing him look at her... she knew she couldn't have him locked up again even if part of her thought it was for the best. She sent bolts of electricity flying through the air hitting T'challa four times as the escaped. She knew tony wouldn't be happy but at the time she was still grieving the man she loved and couldn't see him in chains again.

Tony had then recruited her to get him back seeing that she had formed a connection with barnes and thought maybe she could talk him down if need be. He wasn't happy at first. When T'challa told tony what Kitty had done tony threatened to throw her in the raft too but one look in her big blue eyes and he knew he couldn't do that to her.

'this is your one chance to prove to me that you love me more than robo cop and capsical.' Tony told her as they neared an old base.

'Tony I promise you whatever was going on with me and barnes is over. When they flipped that switch in his head, turned him into something else... its over. I'm team tony."

'that's what I like to hear.'

End of flashback

'Yep our relationship was kind of doomed after i broke your nose.'