,,Chapter One,,

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ♥♥♥♥♥♥ •°*"˜.•°*"˜

You stand on top of a building, freezing wind slapping your face. Eyes glassy, lost in regret. You watch the emperor's guards below you, searching for you to arrest you and take away any chance you had left of a happy life. Your mind is lost in a different time. How did this begin?

6 months earlier...

A cold breeze flows through your window as your wistful dreaming comes to an end. Today is the day. You thought to yourself as you pushed the (h/c) locks out of your face.

You stare out the window from your small room in the emperors castle, complete with one small cot, a bed side table and a bookshelf squeezed into the side of the room. It wasn't much but it was home. You run your hand through your hair before plopping down on your bed once again. Titan knows how much I hate waking up this early. You curl back into your warm sheets and close your eyes before realizing how important today is.

You we're one of the youngest people to work for the emperors coven and you mainly majored in healing. You'd think you'd be respected for being only 16 and so gifted, but that is not the case. Recently, you've been ignored in your attempts to gather more ingredients for healing positions, and so you've decided to take the issue to the emperor himself. These past few months there have been more injuries from riots and protests about what happened the day Belos caught the famous Owl Lady. You weren't much for politics but you damn well knew how boring it was to deal with all of those half witted morons who fought for a dying cause. A job is a job though, and this is the best you'll ever get.

You stand in the mirror as you prepare yourself for the day ahead of you. As you dust off your coven outfit, you decided it might be best to say something encouraging before you go. Or at least that's what all of those prissy adults say anyways. You take a deep breath and stare into your glassy e/c eyes in the mirror. This is your one and only chance you get the ingredients you need. There's no way Belos can say no!

"No." Belos growled, massaging his temple while not paying any attention to you at all. You take a second to recover. Even the emperor himself won't listen to your so called 'childish needs.' "Your highness, I do believe that this will benefit the coven for the-" Belos stops you with his hand before interrupting. "Listen, little girl, I do not have time to listen to your demands when I have far more important issues to deal with around the isles, none of which are concerning you."

You feel heat rise in your face as snickers erupt from the emperor's guards. It takes everything in your power to control yourself from bitch slapping one of those royal suck ups. You've been through too much crap to get insulted now by people who can't imagine half of what you feel right now, standing in front of the emperor himself and being denied the necessities you need for your only job. "Now listen here-" you start before the rooms doors get dramatically shoved open. A young boy, about your age, walks in with enough cockiness in his walk to fill the room. He has light blonde hair, almost white, with a distracting scar on his cheek, a youthful face and deep, dreamy eyes.

Ugh, great now pretty boy's here.

You've heard of the golden guard before, him being the one everyone thinks of first when they says young witch prodigy. It wasn't fair that Goldilocks got all the praise and all the looks. It was a terrible thing to think about but, you had to admit, he was a damn good looking guy. It only added to the fact that you hated that scrawny wuss from the second you saw him.

The emperors gaze falls down to the young boy before shooting you a look. "Your dismissed, young lady." He shoos you away with his hand. You glare at the golden guard who shoots you a conceited smirk as you begin to walk. You pause at the door frame when you hear the words "You have a new mission near the knee of the titan."

A faint smile grows on your face. You have a plan.

...

The next day you watch from behind a column as Goldilocks and two other guards prepare to take off. This is really risky, but you have to try. You throw a stone into a bush across the way.

"What was that?" One guard peers from side to side. "I'll go check it out." The other one begins to walk. Perfect. It's all going to according to plain until the uptight blonde steps in. "No, I'll take a look." Guess I'll have to go off book, then.

Hunter begins to walk towards the bush when you dive at him from the column in an attempt to grab his staff. You push his face away and begin to run when one of the other guards dives at you. You kick him off with your feet and push off. The clouds appear to get closer and closer, the morning air hits your face with the scent of light rain, and a feeling of pride and excitement enters your body. You zoom through the sky, feeling that your plan as finally succeeded, when you feel a tap on your back.

"Hi." The golden guard says smugly, while wrestling his way up onto the staff. How long has he been hanging on? You begin think before Goldie jumps at you, trying to work back his staff. You fight back as much as you can until your mask falls off and you both freeze.