,,Chapter Seven,,

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ♥♥♥♥♥♥ •°*"˜.•°*"˜

It's been two weeks since your nighttime encounter with Hunter. At first, things were awkward, shy smiles, small glances, but now, you've been an unstoppable team on missions.

Well, unstoppable might be a small exaggeration. In fact, the focus has been a little off at missions lately. The last one was nearly unsuccessful because Hunter and you were too busy making jokes about the emperors hairline, (It was mainly you but Hunter did laugh along.) However, gossip spreads quickly throughout the castle.

You walk through the hall of the castle, brushing your hand up against the wall as you walk. "I was thinking about going for a ride on my staff earlier," you say casually as you look out the window to a beautiful sunny day. "Really? I thought you'd be worn from all of the mission," Hunter reply's from beside you. "Oh, says Mr. No-sleep-ever, tell me, what's it like living in eye bag city?" You laugh, theatrically using your fingers the show eye bags under your eyes. "Shut up, wasn't even a good insult." He mutters lightheartedly.

A silver guard turns the corner and stops in front of him. He pays no attention to you, and looks to Hunter, acting like you are nothing but empty space. "The emperor needs to see you."

...

You stand outside the emperor's door, listening into their conversation. The air is filled with foreboding silence, one that causes a pit to form in your stomach and lump to form in your throat.

Finally, the emperor clears his throat, "Word has spread to me about your relationship with miss y/n." Relationship? You think to yourself as Belos continues, "This new—" he waves his hand in the air as if trying to think of the words, "—distraction, is not.." you stop listening when you feel a cold hand on your shoulder. You jump and turn to see a silver guard standing, questioning your eavesdropping and irritated that he has to deal with you. "Miss," he says sternly and gestures to the hallway.

You sigh and start to walk away into the hallway. Damn, guess I'll be all alone for the rest of the day. Titan knows how long Belos takes to get his point across. "Oh, and your lucky I'm letting you off with a warning this time. Seeing as your just an apprentice to the golden guard, or whatever."

Disposable. He thinks that your disposable. Because your "just an apprentice." Filled with rage, your clench your fists and attempt to speak in a calm voice. "Thank you, sir." Your voice shakes with anger as you walk away. Typical.

​​​​​​...

You hear a knock on your door and get up from your bed, assuming it's Hunter. Your assumptions are right, you open the door to a worry-filled Hunter with a strangely solemn face.

"Goldie! What's the deal with Belos? I tried to listen in but some silver punk-" you cut off midway when you see his expression, "Hunter?" When he hears you use his real name he looks away, a shamefully expression on his face.

"Soldier y/n." he states, trying to mask the guilt in his voice. "Soldier?" You laugh, but he continues. "It has come to my attention that our relationship has gotten in the way of important missions assigned by the emperor. For these reasons-" you laugh and cut him off "Did you drink to much apple blood or something?" He continues his speech through his teeth, "For these reasons, we should not see each other out side of work and anything other than a professional relationship should be stopped immediately."

He says the words as if he's a shy 3rd grader reading a paragraph in front of the class. "Sorry." He mumbles as he turns to walk away.

The anger you felt earlier is nothing compared to this. This fills your entire body and surges through your veins. Your chest tightens as if someone is gripping your insides.

You run over to him and pull him down to your level by his collar, "Goldie, we both know who's speaking right now, and it's not you," you hiss through gritted teeth. His eyes show no emotion, just exhaustion, until he sighs and meets your eyes.

At this glance all of the anger drains out of your body and is replaced by utter sadness. Back to being alone, to being silently judged by Al the guards, to having no one to make conversation too except for your superiors who clearly look down on you. Your grip on his collar loosens and you crumble beneath his gaze. "Y/n.." he murmurs looking at you, frantically searching for something to stop you from crying.

But you refuse to cry in front of this man. He kept you as a companion for a few months, and then as soon as his master snapped his fingers, he tossed you aside like rabid dog.

You slide onto the ground and look and everything but hunter. "Y/n, I'm sorry." He begs, genuine pain seeping into his voice. As much as he wouldn't want to admit it, you were his only friend, and frankly, he cared about you a lot more than he let on.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure your sorry. I'm sorry too. I'm sorry you'll do anything your wise old leader tells you too. Your just a puppet and he's pulling the strings." Your comment Hits deeply with Hunter, and he looks away, ashamed.

"I don't want to loose you again." Your eyes perk up and the sudden comment. He sighs, "When we first met, and spent those three weeks meeting everyday in the tower, that was the happiest I've felt in a while. And then we fought and you wouldn't talk to me. I didn't want that to go away again. I've known you for two months and your the only person here that has shown me, the real me, the light of day.

"I really don't want to fight with you y/n. I really don't want too." He sighs and meets you directly in the eyes. You look at his face, staring into his complex magenta eyes, and slowly shifting your gaze to his lips and leaning in. There's a moment where the world stops as your both ready to close the distance between you two, before you jerk you head up at a sudden noise.

BLAM!