,,Chapter Eight,,

Hey! Been awhile! I'm sorry I haven't posted an update in a few months, but a lot has been going on! I've had a LOT of family issues and I'm not even mentioning the new bullshit laws in America. Anyways, enjoy this chapter.

sorry in advance for any bad grammar or spelling. I was in a rush lol

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ♥♥♥♥♥♥ •°*"˜.•°*"˜

BLAM!

A sudden noise pulls you and Hunter from each other's gaze.

"Wild witches!" A silver guard screams while running past your door. Wild witches? The witch you captured earlier that week.. she must have gotten out.. You jump to your feet with Hunter and run out into the hallway.

Your hair flies back as you sprint behind Hunter to get to the dungeons. She must have gotten friends to break her out. You are nearly knocked to your feet when your slam into Hunter, who has stopped running. "Staffs!" Hunter exclaims, causing you to internally face-palm.

You had left your staff all the way back in your room, there's no point in going back now. Your about to start running again when Hunter throws his staff to you.

"You-" your about to object before noticing him take out a cardinal palisman. "No time to explain, come on." He says while getting on his palisman.

You fly down the corridors and down into an unfamiliar part of the castle. You have never been down into the dungeons, your job never required it, and thank god. Up until now, you had no desire to go into the dingy, cobwebbed-filled, damp guarded dungeon filled with psychotic prisoners, but there's a first for everything.

You find silver guards gathered in the dungeon and the corridors outside. The prison bars of one dungeon seem to be completely melted through. "Where is she?" Hunters commanding voice takes you by surprise. The other guards shift on their feet, sensing how much they messed up. "It got away sir," one says, ashamed.

You start to wander around, not paying attention to the ass-kicking the guards are about to get from Hunter. As goldie screams with frustration at his incompetent soldiers, you here a noise come from a hallway a little ways away.

"Hello?" You whisper, walking away from the other guards to follow the noise. You hear the scrapping of rugged boots against the glassy stone and see the wild witch you caught earlier limping away. She has a severely burned leg and winces as she struggles to get away from you.

You walk at an average pace and catch up to her almost immediately. Still, she struggles to get away. You block her with Hunters staff, "You done?" She flares at you, hatred filling her eyes. "Hey how'd you even-" you trail off, the initial curiosity about how wild witches work coming back to you. An idea dawns on you.

"Don't take me back there," the girl attempts to sound angry but it comes at as more of a pained cry. This is your chance, you clench and unclench your fists, trying to hide how nervous you are. This is an actual wild witch! "Your not going back there," you start, biting down the excitement in your throat. "If you promise to teach me a little bit of that wild magic."

"Teach one of the emperor's guards wild magic? Why should I help you?" The girl scoffs at you and attempts to spit at your feet.

"Well," you drawl, "If you don't help me I'll just turn you back in to the golden guard olden himself. Even if you tell them I offered you a deal they wouldn't listen. Your just a crazy wild witch to them," you hate yourself when you say the words. When did it come to this? Was I always this bad of a person? "Please," you add, eagerly.

She considers. "I don't have anywhere to stay. Now that they think I've gotten away the troops with be sent to my house." Your face brightens as light bulb goes off over your head.

"I have an idea."

...

You place a few blankets down in you and Hunters forgotten tower. He hasn't had much time to come down here anymore. You wonder why..

You place a lantern on the cold stone and a few pillows on the warm blanket. She looks off into the distance, staring up at the balcony. She's been weirdly quiet ever since you bandaged her leg. How'd she get that burn..

"Hey I never got your name." You question softly.

"Ginger." She says coldly. You want to question her further but she seems incredibly tired so you leave her be. I wonder how she got out of that jail anyway. The way it's built doesn't allow witches to use magic.

"Well, Ginger, I'll be back in the morning. I hope you find it comfortable here." You try to remain formal as you leave the room. Once the door is closed all the way you finally let your guard down. "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" You punch the air triumphantly and bounce up and down.

You make your way back to your room as the nights events come rushing back to you. The chase, the guards, finding ginger, the deal, and.. Hunter. It finally hits you what happened before Ginger escaped. You and Hunter almost kissed.

You feel heat rise in your face. You were so close.. but you can't go catching feelings now. Not with everything that's happening. You swipe away the feelings and unlock your door.

Was it just me or did he lean in too? Am I imagining this? This didn't happen. He smelled so good! I wonder if his lips are soft.. The thoughts rush around in your head 100 miles per hour. No. No. No. No!

You remind yourself of the task at hand. There's no time for any of this. But you swear you saw his ears turn red as you leaned in... NO!

You plop down on your bed and look up at the night sky. All the stars seemed me be perfectly placed together, each one complimenting one another as they sit in the endless night sky.

You must have dozed off because you wake with a start to a knock on the door.

"Hello? Y/n?"